Saints v Wakey

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
KOOCH

Re: Saints 20 Wakefield 22

Post by KOOCH »

turf wrote:What puzzeld me was that Alibert (who had a Joe Cocker last night) did NOT ask Steve Ganson (the VR) about the "leading with the elbow incident", but yet he (Ganson) did go back to the incident when NOT asked.

I thought you couldn't go back to ANY play the balls after the try has been scored.

I am a little bit confused about that.
You confused Turf? Surely not!!Are you not a potential S/L ref in the making?You will be joining the ranks of the great unwashed then!!Your decisions will be brought into question on many occasion and the torrent of abuse will rain down upon you like the veritable plauge.And that,s just from us lot on here. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
pete&kaz

Post by pete&kaz »

turf wrote:What puzzeld me was that Alibert (who had a Joe Cocker last night) did NOT ask Steve Ganson (the VR) about the "leading with the elbow incident", but yet he (Ganson) did go back to the incident when NOT asked.

I thought you couldn't go back to ANY play the balls after the try has been scored.

I am a little bit confused about that.
the video ref can go back to the last PTB before the try was scored
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

DaveO wrote:It was a bad result for us. We are now 7th.

We must win at Bradford.

Last weekend the results went in out favour. Tonight they have not.

But then we should not be looking for other teams to do us a favour should we?

Dave
May be a bad result for us, but a good result for RL.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
robjoenz

Re: Saints v Wakey

Post by robjoenz »

Shaun1967 wrote:...What does Ganson do?
Puts a replay up on the big screen of the incident with Wellens before awarding the try.
It's the sky producer that decides what the viewers see. People want to see controversy.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

cpwigan wrote:I agree re Ganson looking at the challenge when not asked to. Moreover, he is an objectionable odious man who is unpleasant to other officials and most people.
Ganson is a pi** head

and the plastic scousers lost ( thats all thats count )

Wellens is a world class goal kicker

well done Wakey

:eusa1: :eusa1:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

robjoenz wrote:
Shaun1967 wrote:...What does Ganson do?
Puts a replay up on the big screen of the incident with Wellens before awarding the try.
It's the sky producer that decides what the viewers see. People want to see controversy.
So the video ref does not decide what replays / angles to view again?
These replays are ALWAYS shown on the big screen.
I do not suspect for one minute that this was a one off incident where the producer decided to look at another incident BEFORE the try was awarded.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Poster

Post by Poster »

Super League show today confirmed that Cunningham incident was 'making an adjustment to the ball' case dismissed.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Poster wrote:Super League show today confirmed that Cunningham incident was 'making an adjustment to the ball' case dismissed.
Adjustment my arse :o
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ian b wrote:
Poster wrote:Super League show today confirmed that Cunningham incident was 'making an adjustment to the ball' case dismissed.
Adjustment my arse :o

Quite. He adjusted his fist position...

In other news, though...

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... elens.html
St Helens hooker James Roby has been ruled out for at least four weeks with a broken hand.
BriH

Post by BriH »

The Paul Wellens + "Prancin' Ganson" just confirms what we suspect: Super Sizzlin Saints can't do wrong or can they?