Hock Latest?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Hock Latest?

Post by DaveO »

God wrote:Powerade is a stimulant, would he get banned for that as well?? coke stimulant only lasts 20 minutes and you get paranoia as a side effect, that would really enhance Hocks peformance, there is no peformance enhancing qualities about it.
It does not matter. You may as well say caffeine in coffee is a stimulant. Cocaine is on the list, he knew it was on the list, end of story.
Hock is not a cheat and it would be silly to suggest so, having the headline "Drugs cheat" makes you believe he is a cheat, but in reality its to sell papers.

Cocaine was used in Coca cola, various wines,to treat flatulence,teeth whitener and local anesthetic. But because it was addictive it was banned.
Lots of banned substances appear in various remedies and so on. They are still banned and you will get a ban if you get tested positive for them. Atheletes know that so there is no excuse. They have to be very careful of what they consume.
Fags and booze are addictive, and are one of the biggest killers in this country. Along with Cancer.
Alcoholic is on the WADA banned list for certain sports but the fact both that and fags are addictive and can cause cancer is not relevant because they are not a steroid or a stimulant on the list for RL.
How is this cheating when this is why the reason it is banned in sport...Effects on Performance
Because it is on the list of banned drugs.
The effects of cocaine on performance are minimal and are limited to increasing arousal and alertness with low doses. As the dose increases, detrimental effects such as reduced co-ordination and unwarranted aggression are frequently reported.
So being more aggressive as an RL forward is not relevant?
Cocaine is a powerful Central Nervous System stimulant, responsible for the death of some professional and university sportsmen. The dangerous effects of cocaine are the reason for its prohibition
No, the reason it is banned is because it is classed as a stimulant. Google WADA and you will see I am correct if you download their PDF document.

At the end of day whether you think people should be banned for Cocaine or not it IS on the banned list and Hock took it knowing if he was caught he would be banned.

He was caught, he will be banned and that is all there is too it.

Dave
pedro

Post by pedro »

he took a banned substance knowingly end of story really
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

God wrote:1 year ban imo and to be kept by the club. There is no way i am going to say sack the lad because i have been around people who have been addicted to the stuff and have fought there way off it.

IMO hes not a cheat because it doesnt build muscle, doesnt make you run faster or longer, or doesnt make you into the next Brett Kenny, it just numbs ur nose and the back of your throat, gives you a buzz for 20 minutes, then makes you paranoid.

He knew the risks, we all make mistakes, this is his mistake. Hes not the first and he defo wont be the last.

IMO common assault is alot worse than this case because the only person hes hurting is himself.

Danny Lockwoods article in League Weekly sums this whole scenario up imo. Its not cheating its stupidity.

well said

here here

:eusa2:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

OAMJS wrote:
God wrote:1 year ban imo and to be kept by the club. There is no way i am going to say sack the lad because i have been around people who have been addicted to the stuff and have fought there way off it.

IMO hes not a cheat because it doesnt build muscle, doesnt make you run faster or longer, or doesnt make you into the next Brett Kenny, it just numbs ur nose and the back of your throat, gives you a buzz for 20 minutes, then makes you paranoid.

He knew the risks, we all make mistakes, this is his mistake. Hes not the first and he defo wont be the last.

IMO common assault is alot worse than this case because the only person hes hurting is himself.

Danny Lockwoods article in League Weekly sums this whole scenario up imo. Its not cheating its stupidity.

well said

here here

:eusa2:
and me :eusa2:
IN WANE WE TRUST
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote:Powerade is a stimulant, would he get banned for that as well?? coke stimulant only lasts 20 minutes and you get paranoia as a side effect, that would really enhance Hocks peformance, there is no peformance enhancing qualities about it.
Powerade is not on the list, cocaine is. End of story.
Hock is not a cheat and it would be silly to suggest so, having the headline "Drugs cheat" makes you believe he is a cheat, but in reality its to sell papers.
A cheat is someone who breaks the rules. Hock broke the rules because coke is banned. He knew those were the rules he also admits he was breaking them so there is no point arguing about it.
Cocaine was used in Coca cola, various wines,to treat flatulence,teeth whitener and local anesthetic. But because it was addictive it was banned.
I have no idea whether they are or not but I bet if Hock had a glass of wine or cleaned his teeth he would not test positive for any banned substance.
Fags and booze are addictive, and are one of the biggest killers in this country. Along with Cancer.
Quite right but none of them are on the list.
How is this cheating when this is why the reason it is banned in sport...Effects on Performance
It's classed as a stimulant and I would guess traces of it in a sample can't be tied down to having taken it last week or 5 mins before the match started.
The effects of cocaine on performance are minimal and are limited to increasing arousal and alertness with low doses. As the dose increases, detrimental effects such as reduced co-ordination and unwarranted aggression are frequently reported.

Cocaine is a powerful Central Nervous System stimulant, responsible for the death of some professional and university sportsmen. The dangerous effects of cocaine are the reason for its prohibition
Not within the WADA rules they aren't. It is prohibited because they class it as a stimulant. I can show you the document if you like.

But really this is a silly discussion because it does not matter one bit why it is banned. The only thing that matters is it is banned and if you take it you incur the penalties. Hock by his own admission knew what he was doing was wrong but continued to do it.

It is entirely his own fault he will be banned, not the rules.

Dave
pedro

Post by pedro »

God wrote:And im saying a 2 year ban is too long and for him to be labelled a cheat is also wrong.

End of story.
But they all know ALL banned substances not matter if its performance enhancing or recreational carries this punishment so yes you are right its the end of story especially for Hock and his career.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Hock has had more then a second chance in his time at Wigan!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

pedro wrote:
God wrote:And im saying a 2 year ban is too long and for him to be labelled a cheat is also wrong.

End of story.
But they all know ALL banned substances not matter if its performance enhancing or recreational carries this punishment so yes you are right its the end of story especially for Hock and his career.
I don't think god is disputing the fact that he has taken a banned substance. More how everyone is jumping on the cheat bandwagon.
I doubt very much if this was done to improve or enhance performance and as such perhaps a more lenient punishment would be justified.
I don't see anyone condoning what has been done, it's more a case of putting things in perspective.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

God wrote:Thankyou from A to B. People read what they want to read for arguements sake.
Hang on, is this the five minute argument or the full half hour?
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
pedro

Post by pedro »

God wrote:Thankyou from A to B. People read what they want to read for arguements sake.
not arguing but how can it be lenient when its conditional to all athletes that its the punishment?

Not arguing its a fact and he should be ashamed of himself for letting us the club and himself down and maybe a lon g ban may open his eyes.