The Future !!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Re: The Future !!

Post by we_need_a_coach »

GeoffN posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:
:conf: It's been a very worrying week for me ! I don't understand our club anymore.
If indeed you ever did.
I have just been directed to a link on the Manchester Evening News web site entitled 'Reds paln move for Fletcher', it seems he is going to Salford ???
31 year old Bryan Fletcher...as already mentioned, there are more than one.
But part of the report goes on to say "Meanwhile, wigan owner Dave Whelan has recieved approaches from 3 people representing consortiums believed to be keen on becoming involved with the Warriors, if the towns soccer team makes it to the Premiership.
Whelan who owns the Warriors and Wigan Athletic insists there is nothing on the cards 'AT THIS STAGE, WITH THE LATICS STILL CHALLENGING FOR AUTOMATIC PROMOTION' He has made it clear that he will never neglect the Warriors and their Chairman Maurice Lindsay".
I thought you wanted rid of him, along with Lindsay, betts and most of the current squad? Make your mind up!

Hold on to your hats people, looks like the under investment could be part of a larger picture !!!!!

We deserve to know what the future holds for this club, if DW sells out to a consortium, where will we play ? This is just one of the many questions which will need addressing.
at the JJB. Irrespective of who owns the club, we have a 100 yr lease. We have a little time to plan for what happens after that runs out.
I know certain people will want to have a go at me again, but this is not IMO this is facr as reported by the MEN today !!!!!
:conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:
:angry:
If you believe that everything reported on the internet is a "fact", no wonder you have trouble understanding the concept.
:angry: Wigan RL don't have a lease on the JJB, Wigan Athletic don't have a lease on the JJB, Whelco, DW's holding company hold the lease and as such controll the stadium as a whole,.
The stadium company is now in it's 6th year therefore, any agreements with the Lottery grant people is now null and void, as I believe it only stood for the first 5 years !

This is the main point I am trying to make. Premiership football was reported to be worth £35 million a year to Bolton the last time they got promoted, the same size stadium at the time to the JJB, this is big money, and as such I was just drawing attention to the statement DW had made ie "not at THIS stage"

I hope my fears are unfounded, but I have this awfull feeling !!!!!!!!!!!!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

you have an awful feeling everytime you post! Were not being kicked out of the JJB.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
we_need_a_coach

:conf: I wish I had your confidence, but I don't, this summer could be a defining oint for the Warriors !!!
heydude

Post by heydude »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:conf: I wish I had your confidence, but I don't, this summer could be a defining oint for the Warriors !!!
what's an oint? :conf:
don't eat yellow snow
we_need_a_coach

:conf: Your an oint heydude, well perhaps not, it's a point, a point I am trying to make, but failing miserably, I don't think anyone cares anymore, I need a drink !!!!!!!!!!!!
heydude

Post by heydude »

just remember to have a p :lol:
don't eat yellow snow
we_need_a_coach

:) Cheers !
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »