Wigan are After Signing...

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
gillysmyhero

Wigan are After Signing...

Post by gillysmyhero »

Paul Johnson & Danny Brough,well thats whati,ve heard.I like Johnson but i think he is to old now and would be a step backwards IMO.Brough i think would be a good signing,well a step in the right direction.
ultimate warrior

Re: Wigan are After Signing...

Post by ultimate warrior »

Cant see the logic in bringing Johnson in, I think he has had his best years.

As for Brough, he is a player that I rate quite highly, and would like to see him at Wigan.
West Midlands Exile

Post by West Midlands Exile »

Agree with both of you 100%. Johnson was good in his day but surely their is some youth we can bring in and make the position substainable. As for Brough, I think his style of play would be good and fit in well at wigan. Fingers crossed.
fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

Was told a few weeks back that Johnson had signed. I didn't post it coz I cant see it being true - either that or I'm in denial!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have been told the same rumour/link re Johnson. I was actually told we were trying to get him for end of this season too. Up to Wire I was led to believe. Could not believe it was true but I did think he is one of Noble's blue eyed boys. If it happens imagine how the young reserves will/would feel.
thomo

Post by thomo »

Depends on what level Johnson is signing in my opinion - could he be the organiser in the second row that we are going to replace Bailey with.
What does Bailey earn - £200K a season - bring Johnson in on £50K a season and that frees up some cap space for the big touch enforcer prop that we want.

Johnson on big wages would just be silly
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

personally i see it as a step back.

Johnson is past it. these 1/2 years stop gap players are doing my head in.
Brough isn't exactly class is he. overated by many for me. good boot but other than that i can't see the likes of Leeds, STAINS, Wire being scared of him when we play them
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Johnson NO way

Brough , could be a good aquisition he is an old fashioned 1/2 back in the mold of Tommy Bishop with a bit of fire in him

He does have the ability to break teams up
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Bailey isnt on £200,000 :lol: hock was on 100
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
thomo

Post by thomo »

I thought the rumours were that bailey was on big big bucks - even more than fielden?

Come on some one with inside knowledge let us know what the rumours are the people are earning.