Wayne Mcdonald

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Wayne Mcdonald

Post by Fraggle »

waterside glens posted:
look we,ve taken the guy on loan, we are depleted by injury ,it,s his chance to prove he can become a regular and if it doesn,t work out we send him back to leeds. what,s the problem there
Agreed. He's adding experience and weight to our pack, and that's something we desperately need.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
Agreed. He's adding experience and weight to our pack, and that's something we desperately need.
We now need to get Briscoe on loan.
heydude

Post by heydude »

DaveO posted:

Botham at Leeds is 28 years old and accocrding to their fans is one of the players who is paid less than £20K a year. 28 years old and earning less than £20K a year? Good job he has a rich Dad but that is the sort of player you need to have squad depth under the current rules.

No doubt Leeds fans will talk of how smart their management are in assembling a squad with depth but I bet they wouldn't do the job for £20K if they were 28 years old!

Dave
got to remember botham is on a dual code contract so where it's less than 20k for league you don't what he is getting paid for the union part.
don't eat yellow snow
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

heydude posted:
DaveO posted:

Botham at Leeds is 28 years old and accocrding to their fans is one of the players who is paid less than £20K a year. 28 years old and earning less than £20K a year? Good job he has a rich Dad but that is the sort of player you need to have squad depth under the current rules.

No doubt Leeds fans will talk of how smart their management are in assembling a squad with depth but I bet they wouldn't do the job for £20K if they were 28 years old!

Dave
got to remember botham is on a dual code contract so where it's less than 20k for league you don't what he is getting paid for the union part.
I don't think that is allowed. Leeds Rhinos and Leeds Tykes are owned by Leeds Rugby or what ever the parant company is called. He is getting paid from that company to play and you can't just tack on wages from elsewhere to get around the 20/20 or salary cap.

If it were that easy to get around all our players would be dual code for Orrell and we'd have signed every decent player going in the off season,paid 'em all £20K on a dual code contract and have a squad of 60 !!

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

waterside glens posted:
look we,ve taken the guy on loan, we are depleted by injury ,it,s his chance to prove he can become a regular and if it doesn,t work out we send him back to leeds. what,s the problem there
As he is on loan, none. If we had signed him on a three year deal or whatever I'd be less than pleased.

Simply put in the off season we need to bring in a better prop than him.

Dave
heydude

Post by heydude »

DaveO posted:
heydude posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave
I don't think that is allowed. Leeds Rhinos and Leeds Tykes are owned by Leeds Rugby or what ever the parant company is called. He is getting paid from that company to play and you can't just tack on wages from elsewhere to get around the 20/20 or salary cap.

If it were that easy to get around all our players would be dual code for Orrell and we'd have signed every decent player going in the off season,paid 'em all £20K on a dual code contract and have a squad of 60 !!

Dave
thing is do you know that for definite
don't eat yellow snow
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Sorry if i'm repeating what anyone else has said but i couldnt be bothered reading wnac negative-ness

Finally we've done something useful, signed a big lad and hes played with the best at leeds, its got to be said leeds are a great club and i'm just pleased they let wigan loan him. Should be good to see him in action tomorrow, shame about rads though but with brown being the probably full back at least he wont be trying to tackle a centre 3 times him size, maybe aspi in the centres tomorrow then and colbon outside, come on denis you know you want to!!!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

Different players perform differently at different clubs, look at moran compared to when he used to be at his old club. McDonald may be an absolute astounding player for us.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
Sorry if i'm repeating what anyone else has said but i couldnt be bothered reading wnac negative-ness

Finally we've done something useful, signed a big lad and hes played with the best at leeds, its got to be said leeds are a great club and i'm just pleased they let wigan loan him. Should be good to see him in action tomorrow, shame about rads though but with brown being the probably full back at least he wont be trying to tackle a centre 3 times him size, maybe aspi in the centres tomorrow then and colbon outside, come on denis you know you want to!!!
sorry didnt c :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

sounds like a good deal for us, a big lad on loan from a top super league club. I dont want to be to cynical tho and wonder if this now frees up space on leeds salary cap for them to bring in another world class player that we should have bought. watch this space.....
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!