lockers/roberts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
monksey

lockers/roberts

Post by monksey »

i dont know what you think but our captain didnt look fit today, watching the game with my father in law and 25 minutes gone i asked was he playing and as for amos roberts he is crap when will noble be brave enough and drop this guy hes the lazist player i have ever seen in a cherry and white shirt
sheepdip

Re: lockers/roberts

Post by sheepdip »

I had a bad feeling about this game as soon I heard O Loughlin may be playing. I do not think its just a coincidence we have had our best winning run of the season whilst he has been injured, and now he has returned we are back to normal.

Lack of interpersonal skills

Poor body language

Does not interact with the players on the field

I have said it until I am BLUE in the face. HE SHOULD NOT BE CAPTAIN.

I think his shortcomings influence the teams performance.

"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Im as gutted as the next person, but Im not going to start picking on specific players, you win and loose as a team, and we need to get behind ours again on Friday Night!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Lockers didn`t look fit at all , Roberts is vulnerable under the high ball in defence , but under one in attack he`s quite decent .
Our problem today was with Lockers being unfit , Bailey going off injured , Fielden being Fielden , we were always going to be up against it against their forwards .
I certainly don`t point any fingers at Roberts .
We were beaten today by a better team who wanted to win led by their pack
ellery 4 coach

Post by ellery 4 coach »

sorry jackoh in my oppinion amos is a very big weak link i will give you he is consistant, consistantly bad, but i also wouldnt go down the ainscough route either hes just as bad
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Ainscough was dropped from the team for his inability to deal with the high ball (or at least that was Nobles excuse) so will he drop Roberts for the same reason.

Both players seem to have the same problem but Ainscough attacking is a lot better than Roberts and early in the season Ainscough was one of very few players in the wigan squad with any go forward.

There is no excuse for O'Loughlin or Roberts to keep their place after a bad performance. Ainscough can replace Roberts and Flanagan is more than capable than replacing O'Loughlin.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

MrDave wrote:Ainscough was dropped from the team for his inability to deal with the high ball (or at least that was Nobles excuse) so will he drop Roberts for the same reason.

Both players seem to have the same problem but Ainscough attacking is a lot better than Roberts and early in the season Ainscough was one of very few players in the wigan squad with any go forward.

There is no excuse for O'Loughlin or Roberts to keep their place after a bad performance. Ainscough can replace Roberts and Flanagan is more than capable than replacing O'Loughlin.
Apparently his arm is on plaster so thats a non starter :blush:
botica

Post by botica »

Yes Ainscough is in Plaster
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Fujiman wrote:Apparently his arm is on plaster so thats a non starter :blush:
Would still be better than Roberts even if he can only use one arm. I say give him a run out :blush:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Blaming lockers is unfair IMO. It was the coach who should have exercised duty of care.