Adrian Lam ' it would be great to be considerd a coach or assistant coach'

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
THE 18th Man

Adrian Lam ' it would be great to be considerd a coach or assistant coach'

Post by THE 18th Man »

Adrain Lam in League Express Today

"I'd be excited about having the chance to have any involvement there.
the Warriors have a great history and it would be great to be considerd a coach or assistant coach there.
I have wonderful memories of the club. I played for them 106 times and won the Challenge Cup in 2002"

my Idol when i first started watching Rugby and thought he should have had the job when Dennis Betts was demoted.
also Kris Rads stated in his book that he believes that if Noble hadnt got the job Lammy would have.

NOT a Noble out thread but would love him to be the coach
mike binder

Re: Adrian Lam ' it would be great to be considerd a coach or assistant coach'

Post by mike binder »

its in 2 nights post as well also says speculation of nobby going to Celtic
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
gpartin

Re: Adrian Lam ' it would be great to be considerd a coach or assistant coach'

Post by gpartin »

mike binder wrote:its in 2 nights post as well also says speculation of nobby going to Celtic
Our Father, who art in Heaven....

Please please please.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

joeb

Re: Adrian Lam ' it would be great to be considerd a...

Post by joeb »

remind me please,what has lammy won,as a coach
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

joeb wrote:remind me please,what has lammy won,as a coach
on that logic why have the two most successful coaches of the superleague era failed completely at wigan?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

As I've posted on another thread, remind me what Nathan Brown, Justin Morgan, Mick Potter, Terry Matterson, John Kear (ok, one cup win 12 years ago, that he's still living off..) had won as coaches beofr ecoming to SL? All their teams are doing as well as, or better than us, in most cases with less resurces.

In contrast, look at Noble's & Millward's records before coming here, as wigan_forever points out.
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:
on that logic why have the two most successful coaches of the superleague era failed completely at wigan?

Fair point! Experience has not brought us success over recent years. In the abscence of a top NRL coach, he may as well be given a chance. He is keen on coming to Wigan, that's one positive at least.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:
As ever, everyone has the question, but noone has the answer!

I am convinced that there is already a clique being formed to denigrate whoever becomes the next coach after Noble!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

GeoffN wrote:
As I've posted on another thread, remind me what Nathan Brown, Justin Morgan, Mick Potter, Terry Matterson, John Kear (ok, one cup win 12 years ago, that he's still living off..) had won as coaches beofr ecoming to SL? All their teams are doing as well as, or better than us, in most cases with less resurces.

In contrast, look at Noble's & Millward's records before coming here, as wigan_forever points out.
Err Two, Sheffield Eagles (shame) and Hull v Leeds
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ragman

Post by ragman »

Speaking as a vehement 'Noble out' merchant, and not seeking to speak for other people, but I am more than happy to have a coach with no real track record, and with no promise of instant success.

A coach who is prepared to learn, adapt, be open minded to new ideas and to new talent, to not be arrogantly single minded to the point of stubborness, and to develop youngsters rather than publicly humiliate them would be brilliant.

I do favour stability, and I do favour giving a coach a decent run - as long as things are improving, however slowly, under his leadership.

I'm not saying that Lam is the messiah, in fact I'm not convinced that he's the answer at the moment, but I do think that he's worth a shot. If he can instill 10% of his passion and committment to the club, than bring him on