Not "all roses" down 't' road!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

Not "all roses" down 't' road!

Post by butt monkey »

Having to commute and work amongst the "enemy", some little tales and whispers, so-called emanating from the stains' camp do make for interesting listening.

One "rumour" doing the rounds at the moment, is that James Graham is alleged to have explained to fans that stains will win NOTHING with Mick Potter in charge...

An interesting point being, if he became somehow "available", would/should Wigan be "interested" in him as coach? Especially remembering the abject failure of signing the last ex-stains coach!

However, this "innuendo" that I have heard for some time continues; that the players are upset over Potter's training methods and expectancy for the club's Yorkshire based players to make training for an 8am start. Punishing fitness regimes that require the players to partake in long endurance runs - with Potter in toe, extensive weights sessions etc. The feeling from the senior players is that Potter is out to "make his mark" on the club and he is making, what they feel, are unnecessary changes.

This might have a ring of truth in it as likes of Long, Gilmour & Cayless are set to depart.

For all the phobic anti-stains who will be positively slobbering at my post as they read it, the question still remains - Should Wigan be interested in Potter? and should the apparent dissatisfaction between the players and the coach be ignored? Might the sames conflicts happen at Wigan if he did move to the club? and should we care if they did with the overpaid, pampered effeminates that currently "grace" our once proud shirt throwing a "wobbler".

This might be another coaching possibility that could be thrown into the ring as a possible Noble replacement, especially as the stains failure to get to Wembley will hit them hard financially. Even more so, if the alleged "behind scenes problems" continue, and stains fail to make an impact in the SL play-offs.

Just a though.......
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ste lord

Re: Not "all roses" down 't' road!

Post by ste lord »

Funny you should post this BM, i was on RL fans just and there is a link to a saint supporters wed site Red v or summat like that. The folk on ther are calling him not fit to burn and sayin he should go now.

I dont know if he would be a good coach for the club, he had a big side at cats that bossed all over the field, (very much like nobby at bulls) and since he has gone to stains he will have had to addapt his game plan to suite the team (standard really). Saying that stains are top of the table so he must be doin summat right or is it a case of a team that has been together for so long that they stick to their own game plan??

some food for thought i suppose,

i cant see the club parting company with potter after just one season no matter what the ginger To%%er is supposed to have said.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No, but we should be interested in Graham
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Player unrest after a very successful coach always happens. I do not agree re senior players leaving due to Potter. Saints clearly had a policy to add less experienced players and to promote youngsters to make up the deficit BEFORE Potter arrived. Saints are in transition and just like Wigan in the past their finances were heavily dependent upon reaching Wembley. Is Mick Potter a good coach yes. If he as good as Anderson. No IMO.

James Graham is a no brainer. He and Sam Burgess are the best young props in the game. You have to question Why Noble wanted us to sign Fielden and not Burgess. We could have got a better younger player cheaper and not broke any rules.
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:Player unrest after a very successful coach always happens. I do not agree re senior players leaving due to Potter. Saints clearly had a policy to add less experienced players and to promote youngsters to make up the deficit BEFORE Potter arrived. Saints are in transition and just like Wigan in the past their finances were heavily dependent upon reaching Wembley. Is Mick Potter a good coach yes. If he as good as Anderson. No IMO.

James Graham is a no brainer. He and Sam Burgess are the best young props in the game. You have to question Why Noble wanted us to sign Fielden and not Burgess. We could have got a better younger player cheaper and not broke any rules.
i still reckon this transition will see them go down hill for a good while
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

James Graham for me!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ian they are vulnerable now and for at least next season. Leeds are the same. The worry is that both are still at the top of the table although Huddersfield defeating Saints in the semi was heartening.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Bit like Fielden. Their reputation is worth 10 points a game. Lose that and the teams becomes ordinary. Both now are on the slide.
Jim
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Now the scousers know what it feels like to lose a game and they complain they`ve got a bad coach .
We`ve won nothing under Noble who`s been here for 3 years , so our expectations are not that high , might be a good idea to swop coaches .
They might also be under financial pressure as a Wembley appearance is about £250 000.
Welcome to the real World Stains
ian b

Post by ian b »

cpwigan wrote:Ian they are vulnerable now and for at least next season. Leeds are the same. The worry is that both are still at the top of the table although Huddersfield defeating Saints in the semi was heartening.
iam talking about next season and i think they will end up rebuilding half the team eventually.I could be wrong but like i said before cp great teams gel over a period of years not just a couple of seasons