Will the RFL stand up and be counted?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Will the RFL stand up and be counted?

Post by cpwigan »

Classic spear tackle. The type that ends careers by Puletua on Loeisi.
KOOCH

Re: Will the RFL stand up and be counted?

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:Classic spear tackle. The type that ends careers by Puletua on Loeisi.
Don't be daft cpw this is stains don't you know. :D Come on Huddersfield. :D
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Because I could watch this match (mainly) as a neutral, I made a point of watching KFC. He really is one of the dirtiest, niggly players that I've seen. Constantly sniping and lashing out, had a shove at Robinson over nothing.

BriH

Post by BriH »

Sutty, KFC does niggle and is always appealing to the Ref. That 'spear tackle'was disgraceful. How many matches? None? Maybe a written warning?
I thought Bentham's refereeing was awful. I lost count of how many time he went to the Video Ref.
Poster

Post by Poster »

he contributed to making it a dangerous tackle by putting his head down, not really dangerous no lift above horizontal penalty sufficient.

Joel considered for use of Knees but considered accidental

why was Wellens not also reviewed for his knee job.

so endeth the lesson from the RFL
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Come on now everyone. It is blatantly clear to all the stains fans, sorry, impartial RFL officials that Puletua was merely moving Lolesi to a place where he would have more space to the play the ball.

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan wrote:Classic spear tackle. The type that ends careers by Puletua on Loeisi.
A spear tackle's when they lift the legs and drive the man into the ground. If you look at Puletua's technique he doesn't lift the legs high, he's efftecting a normal tackle. The other tackler pushes the upper body down and Lolesi tucks his head in making it potentially dangerous.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The moment you put your hand between an opponents legs it is a no no because it naturally end up tilting the player head first. That is why putting your hand there was outlawed not because of Leon Pryce. It cannot help but become a dangerous tackle because the head/neck goes to ground first and it is then a natural reaction for the head to tuck and you get the consatina effect which is how careers are ended. I honestly despair about the SL Judiciary. They are inept and give players and officials no support whatsoever. If that had been the NRL, Puletua would have been given 4 to 8 matches.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan wrote:The moment you put your hand between an opponents legs it is a no no because it naturally end up tilting the player head first. That is why putting your hand there was outlawed not because of Leon Pryce. It cannot help but become a dangerous tackle because the head/neck goes to ground first and it is then a natural reaction for the head to tuck and you get the consatina effect which is how careers are ended. I honestly despair about the SL Judiciary. They are inept and give players and officials no support whatsoever. If that had been the NRL, Puletua would have been given 4 to 8 matches.
I don't suppose you can remember what minute it happened in can you Allan?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Between the 20 and 25th minute judging by my post Rob if the site clock is acurate. The Aussies are red hot on this after McCracken sued when he was hurt. I guess it will take something similar for the RFL to act.