This says it all

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: This says it all

Post by MrsLam »

Everyone has had a go at me this last few weeks, but I will state my opinion again, Seuseu not good enough, Guissett will not last the course that was always his problem, Radlinski will leave this year, Dallas although better this evening not now the player he was, Carney to injury prone but will leave this season anyway, Brown not yet found a position to accomodate him, Orr had long enough now, not good enough, Aspinwall, not good enough, need I go on !!!

Radlinski will not leave for any other club, if he was to leave it would only be to retire. He's wigan through and through. Dallas has been the most consistent player on the field this season, obviously he's not what he was when he was 20 but that's just a stupid thing to say. He's still very fast, quick on his feet, creative in his play and he takes the ball forward more feet than most our props do. Outstanding player. Carney has been unlucky with injuries yes, but you can't judge him for this year when he hasn't played enough matches to be judged on. We all know how good he is when he's on the pitch, it's just a real shame that he's not but what has that got to do with tonights performance? Guisset and SeuSeu have been good buys, they're the kind of players that go in hard but aren't really dirty. I'm impressed by both. Don't know what is going on with Brown, when he first joined he seemed to have a lot of potential, but then again does he even know what position he is playing in? He's swapped around from position to position there is no consistency in where he will be so how can he improve his tactics? Aspy seems to have lost a lot of confidence in the last year (maybe hes been on this board) he seems scared of running at the opposition, doesn't look safe under a high ball or any kick with any amount of pressure and Orr hasn't been playing alongside Moran much this season. Let's just see what they can do given a bit of time to play together. If we could get a consistent side we might have a chance of doing something but I found myself at the ground today trying to shout for players but thinking "who the **** are you?"

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO posted:
ChrisA posted:
We put so much effort in tonight, the guys tried their hardest for the full 80 minutes, you couldnt ask for more.

But we got hammered, plain and simple we have to many injuries, we are not big enough, we are not organised, we have little idea going forward, and we have to many players who are not ready. basically we are not a good team anymore, we are very average. Teams are doing to us, what we used to do to them.
Quite agree.

It says it all when you realise in this era of an all professional game we fielded two players who are actually semi-professinals.

Wigan, the side that led the way to the professional era of Rugby League are reduced to playing two semi-pro players because of five injures.

Who still thinks Mo did the right thing in letting Farrell go?

After tonights result had Andy still been here I would be thinking come May, when he returns, he would steady the ship. But he anint cming and that is down to Mo.

People have slagged him off for letting Robinson and Briscoe go but they are barking up the wrong tree. These two are not what this side needs.

Let your best player and leader go and this is what you get.

It was all very well being nice to Andy but are other sides being nice to Wigan because we now have a squad with no depth?

Nope.

Dave
At last someone has come out and said it.

It was all very well being nice to Andy but are other sides being nice to Wigan because we now have a squad with no depth?

Some on here have been too busy wishing him well and thanking him for what he has done to realise 1 thing. Who the hell do we get instead of him. This was done after Davico left and a few player got injured. To make matters worse he still there.

While the club has to honor and respect his wishes what about our wishes and the rest of the team.

As soon as he signed for RFU he should have done the honorable thing and resigned from the club. We could have used the money in the cap to bring in a quality player.

Were going to be in the bottom 6 this season and that im sorry is not good enough.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

we_need_a_coach posted:
thegimble posted:
One thing WNAC you get on fast when we lose but u ntake a week sometimes when we win. WHY???????????
:( Once for two matches over Easter, I did'nt post for 5 days, itmay be difficult for you to comprehend this, but I was on holiday, and very nice it was too!!!!!!

:angry:
The may i suggst you go again as there is a pattern when you are not here we win.

Then again you might not be telling the truth as lets be honest some of your posts are wide of the mark.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

We won't be in the bottom 6. We have this every year, we go through a really bad patch and people say "oo we're going down" and we always end up, up there. Ok so it (most likely) won't be top spot! But right now that's not important, we've got a lot of injuries, we've lost our 'loyal?' captain, we've got new partnerships and the players don't know what position they are playing until the day of the match. That won't be the same all season, we'll be upthere as usual, don't let a loss shadow all realistic possibilities. We won't let top 4 out of our sight.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

MrsLam posted:
Dallas did have a good game, you're right. He looked the most experienced on the pitch. He's quite a cool head on those shoulders, never seems to panic. There was some stupid panic play though. I don't understand what happened to Wild, he makes a break like that and then passes without looking! WHY???? Again with Melling, either commit yourself or don't, simple. Scully gave away two points with a high tackle right infront of the sticks, needless. Panic passes were just going to ground.

I don't think the scoreline did our lads justice though, last week the score pretty much told the story of the match, this week I'm not upset or angry with the performance. Don't think anything can be blamed on the ref (50 50 on decisions even though the winning side didn't seem to think so...) and the players, as has already been said tried for the full 80.

I noticed though and I hope this doesn't become a regular thing, that when running back into our defensive line, we're not facing the play of the ball so if any quick play is made, we're caught out. I would have thought eyes should be on the ball at all times since it's the most important thing in the game.

Thought the first half performance was impressive, our defence was brilliant, we were kicking strongly and chasing and then actually tackling rather than letting them run with it like we usually do which gave us a good position for attacking when the 6 was over. The kicking game was generally good too except for the penalty kick that didn't find touch(again) There were a few creative kicks that were backed up by some good chase.

Anyway, had I not been on the coach I was on the way back I think I'd be a bit more miserable but the drunk men have made my day. Well done to the lads that were out there, good effort. They just need to keep their heads up and their efforts there. It's hard task with a team of youngsters but we'll get there eventually. Chin up!
:angry: MrsLam, We where stuffed 40-8 our biggest ever defeat in SL, we where hammerd even Betts thinks so, get ot of your ivory tower, come down from your soap box, no body believes you anymore, we where terrible in the 2nd half, and as Betts says we CAPITULATED !!!!

So get real, did you go to the match ?? because what most of us saw tonight would'nt warrant a well done, not even a get Stu**ed !!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

MrsLam posted:
We won't be in the bottom 6. We have this every year, we go through a really bad patch and people say "oo we're going down" and we always end up, up there. Ok so it (most likely) won't be top spot! But right now that's not important, we've got a lot of injuries, we've lost our 'loyal?' captain, we've got new partnerships and the players don't know what position they are playing until the day of the match. That won't be the same all season, we'll be upthere as usual, don't let a loss shadow all realistic possibilities. We won't let top 4 out of our sight.
Sorry but i totally disagree. When in the last few seasons have we been hammered on a regular basis.

Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield (maybe not score wise but were poor) and London. Were simply not a top 6 side now. Our season will be over in September and that is a blessing as a few pleople will have to pull hter fingers out.

We beat Widnes only in the last quarter. Only time weve looked like a team is on the Bank Holiday and the 1st 65 min at home to the Bulls.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MrsLam posted:
Don't know what is going on with Brown, when he first joined he seemed to have a lot of potential, but then again does he even know what position he is playing in? He's swapped around from position to position there is no consistency in where he will be so how can he improve his tactics?
That is actually Browns problem. Jack of all trades, master of none.

If Orr is fit he won't play stand off. If our forwards are fit then Wilde is considered a better centre. If Radlinski is fit then he has no chance of being full back. He isn't good enough to keep out any of the players in the positions he can play.

So, when we have a team with better players in all his positions, why is he in the team?

Under normal circumstances he would be considered the reserve stand-off and get a game every now and again when Orr was out injured.

As it is, he is bound to be one of the first names on the team sheet because he has some SL experiece and we are so desperate for that, even it it means playing him out of position.

His use as a utility player, such as it is, is a sad indictment of the state of our squad.

In general terms as a player he makes far too many mistakes and is not ready for regular first team play.
Aspy seems to have lost a lot of confidence in the last year (maybe hes been on this board) he seems scared of running at the opposition, doesn't look safe under a high ball or any kick with any amount of pressure
That is because he is not a winger and is really a centre. If his confidence is shot then this can be firmly laid at the feet of Betts who simply refuses to play him at centre.

If he isn't considered good enough to be a centre then he is another who ought not to be in the team but gets picked because he isn't injured. He is 25 so no longer a "kid" and should by now be up there with the young centres at other top clubs such as Leeds and Bradford. He isn't even close but being played on the wing could very well have ruined his chances with Wigan.

These two players were going to be part of the next great Wigan side. Brown is still young so might recover from this season if he will accept he must understudy one position. As to Aspy, well he isn't good enough for us at the moment playing on the wing ad I don't know if he has a future at centre. He has certainly been mis-managed by Betts IMO. He should beplayed at centre to see if he is good enough and if not, should be released at the end of the season.

Dave
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Yes I did go, I didn't just get on coach home so I could say "I got on coach home.."

The scoreline was big against us, but I'm not looking at that. I'm looking at how we played, and I'm not disgusted with that performance. I was upset and angry last week I didn't think we had put enough effort in but the effort was there and there were some good moves again, I'm sure you're very wrong about no body believing that we've still got potential. It's split 50 50 on this board, some are negative about the season some are positive. That's just me, I'm a positive person, therefore I see the positives in the game but I don't ignore the negatives which is why I outlined them.

I'm not stupid enough to say that was a class performance or we were cheated cause it wasnt and we weren't but some people are not willing to look at the brighter aspects, it's all negativity and we're not good enough and he's **** and why did we let this player go. Thats in the past we cant change it, stop thinking about glory ALL the time!¬

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Agreed about Aspy. I did give him a chance and I will carry on till the end of the season but he's just not reliable enough at times, can't fault him for effort but in big games I just panic when he's anywhere near a kick on the last tackle.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mally darwin

Post by mally darwin »

you say its a hard task with a team of "youngsters",but if you actually check the facts wigans team that played tonight is very similar in age to the saints team to play huddersfield on sunday.i think this brave young wigan thing is becoming a bit of a boring scenario now,the sky team are going ott with it and it's getting a bit tedious now.thanks for letting me get that of my chest