Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
robjoenz

Re: Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan wrote:On that basis Rob we should rip his limbs apart and stick his head on a spiked fence nearest to the Scottish Houses of Parliament.
I'm sure if you asked the families of those who perished they would think this a good idea.
We have many murderers now involved in Irish politics.

What would keeping him in an hospital bed in a prison for the last days of his life achieve?

What does letting him go achieve? Who knows? better relations? less deaths? release / assistance if a Scottish person is ever taken captive?
There are pros and cons to both scenarios. I always try to treat people how I would like to be treated, hence I don't kill people.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Is it not hypocritical of Americans though. They claim to be incredibly religious and yet want to act in an un religious manner to this man. Many of the Scottish families who lost loved ones are not even convinced he was guilty. They hold a different view to say American families that lost loved ones. So how does one decide? Majority vote, 100% or nothing?

Surely Trotski the Scottish nation emerges from this as more moral and upright than the USA wanting an eye for an eye and based on past expeeriences of Ameerica and justice can their views be trusted. Why should Scotland cow tow to America based on economics?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan wrote:Is it not hypocritical of Americans though. They claim to be incredibly religious and yet want to act in an un religious manner to this man. Many of the Scottish families who lost loved ones are not even convinced he was guilty. They hold a different view to say American families that lost loved ones. So how does one decide? Majority vote, 100% or nothing?

Surely Trotski the Scottish nation emerges from this as more moral and upright than the USA wanting an eye for an eye and based on past expeeriences of Ameerica and justice can their views be trusted. Why should Scotland cow tow to America based on economics?
I think in a civilised age you have to trust the justice system, particularly for big cases like this.

You seem anti-American CP.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No not really. I just think America displays hypocrisy in foreign affairs. This was a country whose citizens supported and funded the IRA at times. I think as the leading nation of the Western world they need to leading the World forwards. Not impressed by Obama as yet. Lot of promise pre election. Post election ???
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I never believed this man was anything more than a patsy. The Americans needed someone to blame and to feel that justice had been served.

They really need to start looking a bit closer to home. How many CIA spooks were due to be on flight 203 and were told at the last minute to make other arrangements?

Personally, I don't think Libya was even instrumental!

Then again, I don't believe a man landed on the moon in 1969!!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
KOOCH wrote:The sad part in all of this is that with him not appealing against his sentence we will never know the full truth behind all of this.Whilst I have sympathy for the families that lost loved ones on that dreadful night.I also have had my doubts about the guilt of this person.As have many others.Yes is the simple answer to your post.The man is dying and should be shown some compassion.Contentious view point I know.One that many will find fault with I'm sure.Purely my own personal view.And one that I probably would not have held if it was one of my family. :D
He was found GUILTY by a Scottish Court of MASS MURDER AND should have served out the rest of his sentence.

This was a political decision by the Scottish Nazi Party & i for one am Truely ASHAMED to be Scottish.
The decision to release Him was Dispicable and shows how soft not only scotland but the Uk Judicial system has become.

Would this have happened under a Labour or indeed Tory Scottish Government? I think not

So to everyone in this country i for one hang my head in shame for letting this Mass Murderer Free :angry:
:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

he was involved in terrorism so f*** him he should have rotted
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Kittwazzer wrote:I never believed this man was anything more than a patsy. The Americans needed someone to blame and to feel that justice had been served.

They really need to start looking a bit closer to home. How many CIA spooks were due to be on flight 203 and were told at the last minute to make other arrangements?

Personally, I don't think Libya was even instrumental!

Then again, I don't believe a man landed on the moon in 1969!!
Let me guess, you think the world is flat too and if you sail too far you'll fall off the edge?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

robjoenz wrote: Let me guess, you think the world is flat too and if you sail too far you'll fall off the edge?
Stwike him Centuwion. Vewwy Woughly!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Why do people think he would have had a hard time in prison. I daresay he has hardly been in a cell in recent weeks / months. Had he remained in prison it would have been in a hospital ward with the best care possible. You cannot mistreat any criminal.

We even elect and debate with Irish terrorists that were mass muderers now so how can we do that but want something different here?