Leaderless

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Re: Leaderless

Post by we_need_a_coach »

thegimble posted:
billyboy posted:
Leadership starts off the field with the Chairman. I have criticised Lindsay in previous postings and will continue to do so. Leadership then goes down to the coaches and again I have pointed out that Lindsay appointed a coach whose only experience of coaching has been as an assistant to Mike gregory. it then goes down to the captain and Radlinskey would not have been my choice although I have less of a problem with that than the other two.

I read in a previous thread that there was a rumour that there was talk of a takeover by three mystery men. I don't know about that but I have heard that a former director could be involved in the not to distant future. If it is true, it could sort out the Chairman problem.

The coach is a different matter because to the best of my knowledge, Mike Gregory is still the official coach until his contract expires.

Finally the captain. My choice would be Terry Newton. I have yet to see Kris give anybody a roasting, or even speaking to them. Newton would have no such inhibitions.
MO must take most of the flak as he was recruiting last year as MG was still coach. MO went down under and not Dennis.

If Dennis had his choice of players i wonder if some who left last year would still be there.

MO must now turn us around weve made an operational profit last year, this and some of his and DW's money must go on recruting WC players and nor journey men.

Its make or break time for Dennis as the coach of the team its a pity we can not get rid of MO as in the last few years hes been useless.
:( The problem will be attracting WC players if our slide continues.
If Betts remains, our seson is doomed, a new coach could at least start planning for the future. Under Betts we don't have a future !!!!!