George Carmont

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Red Hot Mama

Re: George Carmont

Post by Red Hot Mama »

George is extremely settled here. He and his family love being here. His daughter has just joined his eldest son at secondary school. I can understand why he wants 2 years particularly for his family stability. He has put his body on the line on more than one occasion for this club. I think he deserves the contract.
Brian's Girl

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

George proved one thing on Friday , He is a "CLASS ACT"
2002 and EW is hooked
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Carmont has been playing with injuries all year yet is still churnign out top draw preformences. He's a top player for us and a leader. He puts his body on the line week in week out and we'd be crazy not to keep him on.

I'd hand him a 12month contract with a further 12 months mutual option asap if i were Ian Lenagan.

It will be a criminal mistake of we allow him to leave.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I hope IL and MH are reading this, I really, really want him to stay!!! Give him what he wants!!!!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

I spoke to George on fri in the SSB, I asked was he here next year he said he was
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Is giving George a two year contract such a disaster? There are other players at the club who are paid much more and deliver far less that will be here for at least another two years...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Matthew wrote:Is giving George a two year contract such a disaster? There are other players at the club who are paid much more and deliver far less that will be here for at least another two years...
Not a disaster at all.
Would like to see young Thornley given a chance in the centre's as well.