Leeds players meet RFL/SL justice

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Re: Leeds players meet RFL/SL justice

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:Excellent post George Orwell
Yeah very good post,

Keep the Aspidistra Flying old boy!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Matthew

Re: Leeds players meet RFL/SL justice

Post by Matthew »

Mr Stu wrote:typical rfl, i knew that it would be a 1 week ban at the most. leeds seem to get away with alot, especially fighting. re peacock incidents that he has got away with. not only did senior needlessly punch wilkin he went back for more.
Surely the term needlessly punch wilkin is a contradiction in terms?

Wilkin fancied his chances and had been niggling all game - like the hit on Hall after he had scored. He's always been dirty - like most of the stains squad at one time or another.

Wilkin pushed Senior's head into the ground after he had played the ball. Senior grabbed him on the floor and gestured to punch him. He then stopped and they both got back to their feet. Wilkin then said something to Senior; clearly trying to provoke him - surprise, surprise, he got what he came for. It's not like Senior sucker punched him when he wasn't looking. Then once Wilkin had the safety of the ref to hide behind, he starts mouthing off again.

It looked like Senior tried to apologise after the match (although not very sincerely) however Wilkin didn't want to know.

I don't mind a bit of fisticuffs. Some of my all time favourite Wigan players were no stranger to a punch up - or the discplinary and I would rather see a bit of biff 'n' bash than high/late shots and current favourite; the chicken wing tackle.

Graham's reaction after the match probably delighted Leeds - as it proved to them that they had got to him and you can bet that they will try every time they get the chance now. By throwing his toys out of the pram; Graham made himself look like a muppet. It pains me to say it; but I thought Cunningham's interview after the match was a credit to stains and the sport.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------