Are some fans being fair?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Are some fans being fair?

Post by cpwigan »

Very true Rich. Chairman MO was a great manipulator of the media as you say but he also kept things close unless he wanted to broadcast them after getting burned by Shane Varley. You can see how Noble is manipulating media with his subtle changes in statement week by week. IFL likewise with his I love Brian speech at the fans forum.
Susi

Post by Susi »

I feel it is ridiculous we have played the last match of the regular season and we have no idea whom our coach is to be next season.
Must be equally puzzling for the players too , those whom are staying.
just wish they'd say somet and stop treating us like mushrooms
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:Plenty people seem to want to throw mud in the directuion of IFL and blaming him for everything regarding the coaching situation. Is that fair.

Is Brian Noble not doing exactly the same? perhaps even worse by pretending otherwise. A journalist ran an article today stating that prospective Celtic players are being told that they will have to negotiate their contract details with the incoming coach, Brian Noble. The article also stated that a contract had been signed etc with Brian Noble but announced. So either Brian Noble or Celtic Crusaders are not telling the truth.
Was any of this directly attributed to Noble or Celtic officials with actual quotes? Noble was quoted in the press saying he didn't know if would be here next season. I am guessing the stuff you read was pure editorial i.e. speculation.

If however it is true and Noble has signed a deal with Celtic then IL knows he won't be coach next season and so should say something.

Why not? Celtic know he their coach, Noble knows so meanwhile people lose patience with IL. It would be in IL's interest to announce it if NOble has done a deal with Celtic.

Dave
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Plenty people seem to want to throw mud in the directuion of IFL and blaming him for everything regarding the coaching situation. Is that fair.
Whats the F stand for because when i read IFL - i seam to think of a swear word begining with F? Fits in good tho lol.
I've asked that Gemma, and nobody has said yet :eh:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

His initials
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What does the 'F' stand for???
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Stands for Francis
http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/

Lancashire Birth indexes for the years: 1946

LENAGAN Ian Francis Wigan (East) Wigan & Leigh
jammie

Post by jammie »

i am starting to think no one at the club has a clue about running wigan warriors,we had the sponsor guessing game ,which in turn prevented the new shirts being launched,and now we have had will he won't he be coach next season which has been going on since april.for gods sake take control we are talking about the best known rl club in the world,not a play platic post office from fisher price.and on the subject of sponsors was the mecca bingo deal for one or two seasons?
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

IFL wants to bring the young players through. Noble does not. That is the crux of the conflict. In that scenario the coach should always go because the owner is the ultimate voice of a club and if you disagree with how he wants the club to operate you should walk.

Noble has been gone for over a month now. Do you remember early in the season when the Bradford owner refuted speculation linking Noble to the job of head coach at Bradford. Noble was publically furious that Bradford had spoken out and killed the speculation. He said I never comment on spculation. Why should a coach be furious with another club when they support the present job holder and speak out publically. Why is Brian Noble now prepared to speak about speculation?

This is the same Brian Noble who applied for a job elsewhere whilst still in post in order to force the owner to extend his contract IIRC. What comes around goes around.

The present owner is doing nothing different than what ML and DW did. Nobody can say otherwise on the point. It is fact. Lest we forget poor Mike Gregory for those wanting DW back.

Noble is an operator. So is IFL. Fans have known for a long time if they care to admit it that Noble is going and so are 2 others I believe. The players have known too.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The real winner in 2009 is Kris Radlinski who is being fast tracked by Wigan RLFC.