Sam T chosen in the 2009 Engage SL Dream Team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Sam T chosen in the 2009 Engage SL Dream Team

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever1985

Re: Sam T chosen in the 2009 Engage SL Dream Team

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Just shows why Brian Noble shouldn't be in charge, he was desperate to play smith instead of tomkins and kept banging on about how he isn't the finished article this that and the other, and yet he gets into the dream team, noble is a dinosaur and i pity the club that gets him next!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Well done Sam! Best stand off in the league!

No place for George this year? Will be interesting to see who gets the nod ahead of him.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:Just shows why Brian Noble shouldn't be in charge, he was desperate to play smith instead of tomkins and kept banging on about how he isn't the finished article this that and the other, and yet he gets into the dream team, noble is a dinosaur and i pity the club that gets him next!
well said and in total agreement
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Matthew wrote:Well done Sam! Best stand off in the league!

No place for George this year? Will be interesting to see who gets the nod ahead of him.
Atkins & King ?
Deserved so ???
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The 2009 Super League Dream Team has been officially announced this afternoon and the squad has had a major shake-up with new debutants, including four players from Hull Kingston Rovers, and two from Huddersfield Giants.

The Hull KR quartet are winger Peter Fox, scrum-half Michael Dobson and second rowers Ben Galea and Clint Newton while Huddersfield’s two representatives are club captain Brett Hodgson and hooker Scott Moore.

The youngest person in the 2009 engage Super League Dream Team is 20-year-old Wigan Warriors stand-off Sam Tomkins, who takes his place in a side featuring three of the most recognisable faces in the competition.

England captain Jamie Peacock is again featured in the front row, where he makes his seventh appearance, while there are recurring Dream Team appearances for two players who have not featured for some time.

Leeds Rhinos centre Keith Senior’s outstanding form earns him a recall to the Dream Team for the first time since 2004 while Adrian Morley dons a Dream Team jersey 10 years after he was last named in Super League’s form side.

Morley, the Warrington Wolves captain, last made the Dream Team in 1999, his last season in Super League before he left Leeds Rhinos to join NRL club Sydney Roosters. When Morley lined up for the commemorative Super League Dream Team photograph in 1999, Tomkins was still two years from High School!

Senior and Peacock are two of four players from engage Super League defending champions Leeds Rhinos, who are also represented by captain Kevin Sinfield – making his fourth appearance – and debutant Ryan Hall, the winger who is Super League’s leading try-scorer in 2009 with 28 tries.

St Helens are represented by centre Matt Gidley, one of five Australians in the 2009 Dream Team.

The engage Super League Dream Team is chosen by a panel of Rugby League journalists and broadcasters who regularly cover the engage Super League competition and is based on form throughout the regular season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009 engage Super League Dream Team
1 - Brett Hodgson (Huddersfield) – debut
2 - Peter Fox (HKR) – debut
3 - Matt Gidley (St Helens) - (2008)
4 - Keith Senior (Leeds) – (2002, 2003, 2004)
5 - Ryan Hall (Leeds) – (debut)
6 - Sam Tomkins (Wigan) – (debut)
7 - Michael Dobson (HKR) – (debut)
8 - Adrian Morley (Warrington) – (1998, 1999)
9 - Scott Moore (Huddersfield) – (debut)
10 - Jamie Peacock (Leeds) – (2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008)
11 - Ben Galea (HKR) - (debut)
12 - Clint Newton (HKR) - (debut)
13 - Kevin Sinfield (Leeds) – (2005, 2006, 2008)
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Matthew wrote:Well done Sam! Best stand off in the league!

Atkins & King ?
Deserved so ???
King? :lol: He's had one good game this season/his entire time at wire

Senior has played well this season; but I wouldn't say he or Gidley (from what I've seen) has played better than George.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Journalists tend to be very predictable. I think Peacock has been quiet this season whereas Graham has had to carry the Saints front row and his stats have been awesome. Demetriou of Wakefield should have found a place somewhere for me but Wakefield are not a Media Club.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

And to think Tomkins & Dobson could have been our half-backs..
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

I think these journo's must all be Yorkies.