Re: What a Disappointment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The only difference PM is that we play last on weekend 1 which gives us less time to recover / prepare for weekend 2 should we make it.
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Perhaps Nobby should phone Fergie and see if he can take the players to OT, for a gander at where they would play should they reach the GF. Maybe that would motivate some of our lazier players. Going to a stadium like that really revs me up, and I'm just a speccy!!
mark webster?

Post by mark webster? »

i saw a positive from the game

mickey mac, can walk into this side. he was the best player on the pitch, saying he hasn't played for 6/7, shows how many players need to get their arses into gear.
Can't whack a good pint.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Interesting that God. He has been pulling that stunt at recent home games too and just standing near the dugout.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

cpwigan wrote:The only difference PM is that we play last on weekend 1 which gives us less time to recover / prepare for weekend 2 should we make it.
At least we dont play in daylight as most of our big losses/no shows have been played in daylight.
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

God.

I agree with the points you make, bar one. I have seen Huddersfield play a few times this season - including their demolition of Saints in the cup semi - and I think they are a very good team, as third place would seem to indicate.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote: Phelps trys way to hard for the team at times his enthusiasm cost us two tries, and as a result gumshield got thrown. Hock was the same, same goes for Tommy. This is were leadership and man management come into play. There was none yesterday (Noble not out for the warmup)
This is a very good point IMO. Phelps in particular is many peoples number 2 best player this season after Sam T and it is all down to his enthusiasm IMO. Same goes for Tommy. He busts a gut so people like it and say he is great. The trouble is it covers up they are not that great.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mark webster? wrote:i saw a positive from the game

mickey mac, can walk into this side. he was the best player on the pitch, saying he hasn't played for 6/7, shows how many players need to get their arses into gear.
What is the betting Riddell returns and walks into the side at his expense?

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

They have already said he will Dave and that they only expect him back on Weds
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:They have already said he will Dave and that they only expect him back on Weds
I am sure he is going to be in fine fettle after a flight too and from OZ in such a short time.

Dave