If Nobby goes.........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: If Nobby goes.........

Post by cpwigan »

Lame attempt at trolling Jim :wink:
fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

highland convert wrote: Noble should still be our coach next year.
Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fred, Jim is just being a troll
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

No CP I call it being a fan. I and many more are sick of the witchhunt justified or not at the slightest excuse. Noble is still taking Wigan forward. Riddell is showing his worth. Phelps who some were offering a whipround to get a ticket home along with Smith is still getting flak. Maybe others on here should speak out but to be honest they have seen their site reduced to the levels of the other one. I could not be trolling because check back my posts. I have spoken out about this slagging since it began. I support Wigan Warriors win or lose. You trash the team if you want. I will support it and speak out if I wish.
Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Jim, so you would refute any suggestion you often deliberately create / post threads just to win others up. I think you do. The Union Prop thread was a classic example. Am I right or wrong?
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

No the union thread was put on to deflect from petty arguments going on it the threads by those who should know better. It was tactical and it worked,
Jim
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

cpwigan wrote:Just had a strong hint that Shaun Wane will be the next Wigan coach.
I have also just heard that Shaun Wane will be next coach
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

What's the background on Shaun Wane?
Is he the right man for the job, and if so, why?

Thank you
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Jim I have been on to your trolling for a while. What you call argument we call debate. Sports is about bate be it in the pub or at work or on the net. In a debate people agree / disagree and see good and bad.

You are an intelligent man so every time you made an absurd statement you were trolling and thinking what that you were hooking people like myself or Dave O but if the person you think you are baiting knows what you are doing then who is being fooled :)

Debate is far better than trolling :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

George, Shaun was signed just as Wigan emerged in the 80's. As a player his career was blighted by injuries. John Monie argued he wanted to play like Andy Platt but did not train like Andy Platt so his body could not withstand the demand he wanted to place on it. Nevertheless, he was a 'hard' player. Not huge. Not that much bigger than say O'Carroll. His greatest moment for Wigan as a player was probably when he won MOM in the Manly WCC match when he was fantastic. He never lacked guts / bottle. He later went to Leeds IIRC during the Doug Laughton era.

Post playing he developed a very successful career in industry and took on coaching part time. He has been a fantastic coach for the reserves whereby his players really like him and want to play for him because they respect him. He has earned that respect for the way he treats them. As a man manager and as a motivator he has excelled.

Wane has very much been his own man in the 'civil war' that has evolved at Wigan RLFC. Wigan RLFC has had a number of staff guilty of trying to earn favour with either one or both IFL and Noble. Both men like their egos stroking. Wane wanted no part of that. He could have walked away from Wigan RLFC at any stage and continued a very successful career so that gives him a certain independence.

The strength of Wane will be that he knows all the young players and should be more willing to give them opportunities which was the case of disharmony betweeen IFL and Noble. The weakness will be does he have cutting edge NRL style knowledge of RL and can he supplement the very promising youngsters with truly class overseas players.

I believe you will see several staffing changes and Radlinski who I believe has just passed his level 2 or 3 coaching certificate is being fast tracked. However, I think you will find an assistant appointed currently not at the club also and even an U20 coach to create a possible succession of internal coaches.