Vaelaeki OUT

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Vaelaeki OUT

Post by thegimble »

robjoenz posted:
Doug Stand posted:
Vaelaeki was class on Friday. The offloads for Dallas, well you all saw them and you don't need me to tell you great they were and this is not the first time he's done it. He has shown signs of greatness and could be a fantastic player for Wigan but without a stand-off he will amount to nothing more than a bit part glimpse of a decent player at Wigan. Numerous occasion he was giben the ball and virtually already tackled. Quick hands could have seen a break on, but Wigan are too slow.
Did you see Bradford's first (?) try? I'm sure we all did! Vaealiki leaving the line then making a half hearted attempt at a tackle and bob's your uncle and they're over for a try!
He had to step out as they had an over lap.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doug Stand posted:
Vaelaeki was class on Friday. The offloads for Dallas, well you all saw them and you don't need me to tell you great they were and this is not the first time he's done it. He has shown signs of greatness and could be a fantastic player for Wigan but without a stand-off he will amount to nothing more than a bit part glimpse of a decent player at Wigan. Numerous occasion he was giben the ball and virtually already tackled. Quick hands could have seen a break on, but Wigan are too slow.
Got to agree with Doug here. DVs flashes of brilliance were what you should see from a top class centre. I agree Rob he looked awful positionally (is that a word) for the first try but I feel Gimble called that right too.
I really believe he is a potentially great signing who could develop into the best centre in Superleague.
Rob, to use a football analogy you seem to be the type who would prefer a Paul Ince in midfield. I prefer a Paul Gascoigne(sp).
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Doug Stand posted:
Got to agree with Doug here. DVs flashes of brilliance were what you should see from a top class centre. I agree Rob he looked awful positionally (is that a word) for the first try but I feel Gimble called that right too.
I really believe he is a potentially great signing who could develop into the best centre in Superleague.
Rob, to use a football analogy you seem to be the type who would prefer a Paul Ince in midfield. I prefer a Paul Gascoigne(sp).
Why did he have to leave the line, he had no chance of making an interception. He left the line before the ball was recieved and didn't even make the tackle. If you leave the line you need to make a tackle.

You're right Jimmy, I do prefer an Ince to a Gascoigne, a good, solid, hard worker is much more reliable and consistent than a talented, flair playing idiot.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

DV Potentially best in SL. Changed your tune from earlier in the season.

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
Yes I have. You have to be flexible or here you know!! :D
mario

Post by mario »

Doveoverdave posted:
I could'nt see him being the best in National league!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mario posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
I could'nt see him being the best in National league!
Not a patch on Seeds and Nanyn this afternoon! :D
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

Rob Posted:
Why did he have to leave the line, he had no chance of making an interception. He left the line before the ball was recieved and didn't even make the tackle. If you leave the line you need to make a tackle.

You're right Jimmy, I do prefer an Ince to a Gascoigne, a good, solid, hard worker is much more reliable and consistent than a talented, flair playing idiot.

Rob, do you not think your bein a little harsh here? considering he seems to be our only flair at the moment, and that the majority of our tries seems to be scored by or through him. against leeds his defence was one of the worst defensive performances ive ever seen so you have a point - but he had to have been carrying some sort of injury for that.
The reason im positive here is that ive seen him for his last club and NZ, and his defence has been outstanding. i believe he will get it back, and its just a matter of time. just ask his girl :wink:
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

El Rifle posted:
Rob, do you not think your bein a little harsh here? considering he seems to be our only flair at the moment, and that the majority of our tries seems to be scored by or through him. against leeds his defence was one of the worst defensive performances ive ever seen so you have a point - but he had to have been carrying some sort of injury for that.
The reason im positive here is that ive seen him for his last club and NZ, and his defence has been outstanding. i believe he will get it back, and its just a matter of time. just ask his girl :wink:
Nope, I don't think I'm being harsh. To me, a rugby LEAGUE player should be able to tackle as well as go forward. Some of Vaealiki's foward play is really good, when he gets running, uses his strength and does that little back handed pass to Dallas is brilliant, sometimes he doesn't go anywhere though. In defence though he's awful at the moment. I have not seen how Vaealiki has played in the past I'm just going on what I've seen this season, which is mainly that he makes a tackle if another player stops the attacker first, then he used his strength to assist but he can't make the initial tackle.