Kyle Eastmond

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
georgeorwell

Re: Kyle Eastmond

Post by georgeorwell »

Mr Dave. I laughed at the swimming bit and quite agree with you. I was at the game and thought he would carry on sliding through the barrier and into the crowd.

Re Sam's agent - my point entirely!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

The current players with Offiah as an agent are:
Tony Clubb (Harlequins)
Kyle Eastmond (St Helens)
Richie Myler (Salford/Warrington)
Max Edwards (Harlequins)
Jamie O'Callaghan (Harlequins)
Rikki Sheriffe (Bradford)
Will Sharp (Harlequins)
Rob Thomas (Harlequins)
Michael Worrincy (Bradford)
Chris Bishay (London Wasps RUFC)
wigan/pier

Post by wigan/pier »

IMO. Good player very much like Robinson who if I remember correctly started out as a half back before moving to the wing.
If we don't ask questions we turn into sheep...and I don't trust the shepherds.
right cross

Post by right cross »

did anyone go to the reserve final last season ? eastmond played and i struggled to spot him on the paddock , he was pants but in all fairness saints were cr-p also ,imo he lacks a bit of finess and creativeness.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Fitness??? Swimming aside , he moves like sh*t off a spade. There's nothing wrong with that lads conditioning.

It'll be interesting to see how Saints shape up if he is the direct heir to Longy. He is a totally different style of player and in some regards Matty Smith would have been a better long term option for them. If Saints intention is to slot Eastmond into Longys shoes, then I look forward to watching them come unstuck next year.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I remember Eastmond cutting Wigan to pices in the GF the year before though RC. Personally whether Eastmond and Pryce is a good combination is a question IMO and I would think Pryce moving to full back to replace Wellens is a solution.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I'm not slating him CP, I actually rate him highly as a player.

I suppose I'm saying a version of your comment - I just don't see him and Pryce as the dream halfback ticket. They both have a chancing quality to their play and can hide when it suits them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

My reply was to Right Cross post. I think we bioth agree re Eastmond. Conditioning is not an issue. Durability in terms of his shoulders may be. IMO both Eastmond and Tomkins are better halfbacks than Myler.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I might of missed a trick here ,but what's the issue with his shoulders? Has he been trying Sonny Bill Williams Stylee barges?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He's had a few shoulder injuries Rich. I think what tends to happen is that very often he step/dances and defenders do not get him front on, they often end up on top of him from the back and his shoulder comes into contact with the ground before anything else with the added joy of a monster forward's weight on top.