"SAM" are Ref's after him

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

"SAM" are Ref's after him

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Seem that every game these days the ref has a go at Sam for some reason . Silverwood was at it last night . Seems that he is being targeted by the ref's as well as the oposition ?
2002 and EW is hooked
BriH

Re: "SAM" are Ref's after him

Post by BriH »

Don't think so.
I just Sam has to watch himself a bit more. He is so wound up to win that he gets frustrated at times - like last night when he threw the ball down in disgust. The other incident was a warning really to be careful when going into a tackle with his knees.
I just hope that Refs are watching him so that he doesn't get his head taken off!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

BriH wrote:Don't think so.
I just Sam has to watch himself a bit more. He is so wound up to win that he gets frustrated at times - like last night when he threw the ball down in disgust. The other incident was a warning really to be careful when going into a tackle with his knees.
I just hope that Refs are watching him so that he doesn't get his head taken off!!!!
Very true Bri. He is lucky he is playing Sl and not the NRL because he is getting an unwanted reputation after the Cunningham cheap shot and going with his knees at a try scorer v Hull KR. He is a far better player than that.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Sam shows his emotion when he is playing and it gets him noticed by the referees.

He needs to be careful what he says to referees but I would agree that Sam is targeted because in a Saints match a few weeks ago Kyle Eastmond was shouting and raving like a lunatic at the referee and nothing was done about it, if it was Sam he would have been shown the red.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Yes Sam shows and plays on his emotions, but he also shows every now and again a petulent side, which shows that he still has an awful lot of growing up to do! For me this is why refs are on to him! Once he has control of this, his ability will shine even brighter!!

Matt
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Thinking About it Sam being young and so good he is being targeted by other teams . Maybe the ref's are looking after him a wee bit . But he has to cut down on the dissent .
Should have had a word in Joel's ear at home last night rather than throw the ball away . Great to have so much passion about the game and Wigan .
2002 and EW is hooked