Play Off Attendances

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Re: Play Off Attendances

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Wigan dont make it easy at times to support the team
General sale of tickets for HKR on Saturday to non season ticket holders starts at 9am Thursday . I live in Edinburgh so they wont post them to me at such a late date therefore I'm goosed .
I am all for season ticket holders getting priority / discount(you put your money up front) but taking into consideration the tight schedule between play off games and the low uptake by season ticket holders on Sunday surely they could have been put on general sale on Tuesday .After driving 430 miles round trip on Sunday the prospect of watching the game on telly does not fill me with cheer .
Only hope is cash on gate this Saturday.

Looks like a season ticket next year
2002 and EW is hooked
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

EDINBURGH-WARRI OR wrote:Wigan dont make it easy at times to support the team
General sale of tickets for HKR on Saturday to non season ticket holders starts at 9am Thursday . I live in Edinburgh so they wont post them to me at such a late date therefore I'm goosed .
I'm sure there are people on the forum who could have helped you out!
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

I traveled down from Kendal, took half a day off work to go to match. Those who could not be bothered, or season ticket holders who were too tight fisted to pay should be ashamed of themselves.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ed warrior if you ever need tickets post here and I am sure collectively we can sort you out. I would say that goes for any far flung fan.
pedro

Post by pedro »

sheepdip wrote:I traveled down from Kendal, took half a day off work to go to match. Those who could not be bothered, or season ticket holders who were too tight fisted to pay should be ashamed of themselves.
I am a season ticket holder and didnt go...after watching it im glad I didnt.
markill

Post by markill »

Martyn Sadler's piece in the rugby leaguer/league express goes on about this. point out how crowds were down from all the corresponding regular season games between the sides on show.

3390 down from regular season game and there seemed more cas fans than you'd usually see so that makes it even worse from a wigan attendance point of view.

by the way, what has happened to the south stand this year? its half empty every week. not a good sight.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
RJ

Post by RJ »

We have had a Challenge Cup competition for many years which is generally well attended.
The league competition itself which to me ought to be the premier competition since the winner has to have had consistently played well all season.
Then we have the current play offs which are Aussie inspired and really only serve to generate more money for the league and have been significantly devalued imo this season.
What do you expect??
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

all season ticket holders should have been allowed in for a £5er
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Got to the game last night . CP thanks for the offer of help.
Josie sorry i did not resd your PM .
2002 and EW is hooked