Long's Brother Drug Ban

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Poster

Long's Brother Drug Ban

Post by Poster »

younger brother of Sean,Karl, has received a two year ba for use of Ephedrine.

Interestingly he sought to have the period reduced in that it was being used for weight reduction and not performance enhancing, the RFL rejected this in that having lost weight it could contribute to an enhanced performance.

Would they have considered a reduction if considered non performance enhancing ??????????

MrDave

Re: Long's Brother Drug Ban

Post by MrDave »

I don't think recreational drug use carries the same punishment as performance enhancing drugs.

While performance enhancing drugs can be considered cheating within the sport, recreational drug use is illegal but would not necessarily give a player any advantage within the sport.

weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

They won't have rejected it because it helps lose weight and helps performance that way. They will have rejected it because ephedrine is a powerful stimulant related to amphetamine that has a very pronounced 'pep up' quality on matchday. Longy can plead it was in a herbal aid (which it often is and called Mu Huang) and he was ignorant, but it's a crock of sh*t.

His sports supplement shop was prosecuted some years ago for illegally selling perforamance drugs. So he knew full well what he was taking and doing.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Isnt that the same thing Cunningham got banned for...he didnt get two years...
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

No KFC was found to have taken HCG which is a possible masking drug (i.e. it hides what they've really been taking) and at the end of a steroid cycle it kick starts your natural hormones again. If you take steroids, because your body is swimming in testosterone your body stops making it's own. Hence small testicles. HCG balances things back up.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Ahhh ok, i always thought KFC got done for taking fat burners...
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
ian b

Post by ian b »

cherrywarrior wrote:Ahhh ok, i always thought KFC got done for taking fat burners...
They cant have worked the fat bastard :lol:
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

ian b wrote:
cherrywarrior wrote:Ahhh ok, i always thought KFC got done for taking fat burners...
They cant have worked the fat bastard :lol:
well said

and how do you know KFC has got small testicles? have you seen them?
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

:lol:

I'll be clear. I don't for a fact know KFC has small testicles. I've never seen them, nor do I wish to. I'm not sure in what circumstances I could engineer a situation to cop a glimpse.

I was talking generally about steroid abuse. High doses of testosterone do cause testicle shrinkage. He got caught taking a drug that steroid abusers take after a testosterone cycle to kickstart their own hormones. So it's very probable that his spuds shrunk.

:omg: