Lee Mossop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Lee Mossop

Post by First Try Tickle »

What is it with Noble and Lee Mossop?

Earlier in the season he wouldn't pick him so loaned him out to Huddersfield for some game time. Even though Hudds were doing well Lee seemed to play every week.

After a lockers got injured and Hock was got banned he recalled him and picked him every week, prefering him to other pack players.

After a few games he played a blinder against saints away, he crunch tackled everything and was our man of the match by a mile.

The week later Noble dropped him for the semi against warrington and since then really hasn't given him a chance.

Even though Lockers is back, Bailey is still out and Hock suspended but theres still no place, even in the squad.

He also had a good game last week against Saints.

I really hope Noble doesn't stay, because Mossop will end up going and come back to haunt us like so many others.

It really seems that playing well counts for nothing.

cherrywarrior

Re: Lee Mossop

Post by cherrywarrior »

I think he should play tomorrow, with all due respect him n Flangan are probably about the same level, n Flanagan is the one leaving at the end of the year, if we are not careful then Mossop may end up going too!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
bertina

Post by bertina »

First Try Tickle wrote: What is it with Noble and Lee Mossop?

Earlier in the season he wouldn't pick him so loaned him out to Huddersfield for some game time. Even though Hudds were doing well Lee seemed to play every week.

After a lockers got injured and Hock was got banned he recalled him and picked him every week, prefering him to other pack players.

After a few games he played a blinder against saints away, he crunch tackled everything and was our man of the match by a mile.

The week later Noble dropped him for the semi against warrington and since then really hasn't given him a chance.

Even though Lockers is back, Bailey is still out and Hock suspended but theres still no place, even in the squad.

He also had a good game last week against Saints.

I really hope Noble doesn't stay, because Mossop will end up going and come back to haunt us like so many others.

It really seems that playing well counts for nothing.
No surprises there then. Noble all over. Form means nothing.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

What do you expect from this cud chewing moron.Yes I did say Moron.And before someone takes offence at this slight on Nobles character this is purely my own personal opinion of one Mr Noble and not representative of others opinion on this site. :D
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cherrywarrior wrote:I think he should play tomorrow, with all due respect him n Flangan are probably about the same level, n Flanagan is the one leaving at the end of the year, if we are not careful then Mossop may end up going too!
Agree with you CW about playing Mossop first why he's staying. I also think Mossop was a bit better than Flash anyway
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Fujiman wrote:
cherrywarrior wrote:I think he should play tomorrow, with all due respect him n Flangan are probably about the same level, n Flanagan is the one leaving at the end of the year, if we are not careful then Mossop may end up going too!
Agree with you CW about playing Mossop first why he's staying. I also think Mossop was a bit better than Flash anyway

My thoughts exactly
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

First Try Tickle wrote: After a few games he played a blinder against saints away, he crunch tackled everything and was our man of the match by a mile.

Did the same thing with Ainscough. 4 tries and gets dropped Did the same with Sam. MoM performance and got dropped the week after when we lost to HKR.

He will tell you it is duty of care or some other such tripe but the fact Sam has gone so well when Noble had no option but to pick him blew that notion out of the water.

Mossop is another who I feel would only improve with the more game time he gets at SL level.

The point about Flannagan leaving so Mossop should play is a good one but this should have happened weeks ago. Now Noble would have to bring in a player who's season is effectively over for a player who has been playing regularly for the past few weeks. So I think it's too late for Mossop this year but really it should have been him in the side all along and especially so as soon as the club knew he was off. He isn't a world class player like a Barrett or Farrell who you play regardless of them leaving at the end of the season.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote:I cant agree on this, although Mossop is a good squad player i feel Flash is a better player all round. Flash will improve playing in the NRL with better players around him, but because a player is leaving doesnt mean he sould be cast aside especially when his attitude has been fantastic despite how the club has treated him with his contract.
You are right players should not be cast aside when they are leaving just because they are leaving but it isn't a black and white issue and needs to be judged on a player by player basis.

No one would would have said drop Farrell or Hanley just because they were leaving but it isn't the same with a player like Flash who is arguably no better than a player he is keeping out who is staying with us.

OK you think he is better than Mossop which is fair enough and as I said given where we are at in the season now Mossop will have to wait until next season but if we having this debate a few weeks ago after the semi final v Wire and it was known Flash was leaving Mossop would have got the nod from me.

Dave
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

My point was only meant as in play Mossop to appease him and keep him intrested, just dont want him to leave!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I just feel that Mossop would offer that little bit more for us tomorrow night as he can fill in at prop if required.

If you remember back to the home game against Leeds we had Coley, Prescott, Feka, Fielden and Mossop rotating throughout the game and it tired the Leeds pack out.

If the weather is the same tomorrow I can't see the ball being thrown about too much so the battle may come down to who can dominate in the forwards.