Lee Mossop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fitzy

Re: Lee Mossop

Post by fitzy »

I like mossop a lot but the only two positions he plays well on the pitch are prop and second row, however flash offers us a lot of options, if all goes well a decent running solid tackling second rower but if we where to get injuries flash can play loose,hooker,stand off,centre and has a good pair of hands on him
Jimlav

Post by Jimlav »

mickw wrote:
God wrote:
Fujiman wrote:Agree with you CW about playing Mossop first why he's staying. I also think Mossop was a bit better than Flash anyway
I cant agree on this, although Mossop is a good squad player i feel Flash is a better player all round. Flash will improve playing in the NRL with better players around him, but because a player is leaving doesnt mean he sould be cast aside especially when his attitude has been fantastic despite how the club has treated him with his contract.

Mossop will make a great prop forward given the correct coaching and conditioning. And we do need to keep hold of him.
sorry but i think flash as you call him could`nt lace mossops boots and given the same game time would be up there with any young talent in the league. thats why nobles going because he can`t see whats under his nose.flanagan will never be a great player but mossop just might !
some people who know alot about rugby league obviously disagree with you. flanagan would never have been taken on in aus if they didnt think he was real talent. why would they take a player on who isnt going to contribute to the national side, if they didnt think he was something special.

mossop is a decent player, but at the moment flanagan is ahead of him, and quite rightly so.

if our bench is mossop, piggy, feka and fielden, what happens if a back goes off injured. lockers to what ever position it is, then mossop to 2nd row, joel to loose forward? when some one goes off injured you dont want to resuffle your whole side, that just messes with any momentum you have built up, and everyone takes time to readjust. so we need flanagan there, as he can play pretty much any where except prop.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote: After a few games he played a blinder against saints away, he crunch tackled everything and was our man of the match by a mile.

The week later Noble dropped him for the semi against warrington and since then really hasn't given him a chance.
Did the same thing with Ainscough. 4 tries and gets dropped Did the same with Sam. MoM performance and got dropped the week after when we lost to HKR.

He will tell you it is duty of care or some other such tripe but the fact Sam has gone so well when Noble had no option but to pick him blew that notion out of the water.

Mossop is another who I feel would only improve with the more game time he gets at SL level.

The point about Flannagan leaving so Mossop should play is a good one but this should have happened weeks ago. Now Noble would have to bring in a player who's season is effectively over for a player who has been playing regularly for the past few weeks. So I think it's too late for Mossop this year but really it should have been him in the side all along and especially so as soon as the club knew he was off. He isn't a world class player like a Barrett or Farrell who you play regardless of them leaving at the end of the season.

Dave
Some very good points Dave. IL needed to make a decision - keep Noble and lose Ainscough and Mossop or bring in a new coach who will pick players on merit. He made the right choice in my view - Ainscough is better than Roberts and Mossop is a better forward than the ever deteriorating Fielden.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards