hi all

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
celt68_Uk

hi all

Post by celt68_Uk »

hi new to forum im going to st helens match on sat, i live in nottinghamshire , does anyone else travel from here to wigan games? been fan since 80s but this will be my first game ive been to and oh what a game!! Andi
ancientnloyal

Re: hi all

Post by ancientnloyal »

Welcome andi enjoy posting here. I know a few people who travel from Stoke through to coventry areas but not anyone as far east as yourself.

enjoy the game, first wigan game and please dont be put off by what you see at Knowsley Road (ie, outside toilets) the Da Warriors stadium is much prettier.

enjoy
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

1st match,lets hope its one to remember for good reasons eh?!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
celt68_Uk

first game!!!l

Post by celt68_Uk »

yeah hope it will an awsome match and one that puts us through to the final! im picking my ticket up from st helens on saturday, im driving from mansfield and having not been to st helens before im going to have to get there early to find parking and to get my ticket does anyone know what time the saints=yuk ticket office closes? was trying to get a mate to come up for the game with me but alas im a billy no mates as mates dont really understand the diffrence between league and union... strange i know. cant wait to see the game am like a 15 yr old not a 40 yr old going to first match.any help with info as to office hours will be greatly appreciated. cheers ani
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Celt the Wigan fans stand behind the posts at the opposite end to the Saints clubhouse / main enterance. The best place to park is a nearby school. If Ancient / Loyal sees this he can tell you the name of the school. Street parking is fairly abundant but Saints have very little official parking.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

quite true lol. De La Salle school, if you come off the M6 at Haydock (i presume you will) get on the East Lancs to St Helens, go all the way until you get to a Tesco petrol station/metro then simply follow signs to the ground... There you'll see a teacher (possibly) waving traffic in for £2... very easy (WA10 4QH if you have sat nav)

St Helens ticket hours, i presume the office will be open throughout saturday but get there at least 2 hours before.

hope it helps in some way.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

ancientnloyal wrote:Welcome andi enjoy posting here. I know a few people who travel from Stoke through to coventry areas but not anyone as far east as yourself.

enjoy the game, first wigan game and please dont be put off by what you see at Knowsley Road (ie, outside toilets) the Da Warriors stadium is much prettier.

enjoy
you forgot to mention the warm cans of beer at £2.20 a slice...same old scoussers always robbing
celt68_Uk

Post by celt68_Uk »

warm cans of beer excellent not , guys thanks for all the help gonna set of early as sat nav says 2 hours but it is a saturday.will park at the school teachers working on saturday for 2 quid per car.. jesus so underpaid and over worked lol as yosser said giz a job i can do that! typical dont even know which stand im gonna be in but cant wait stomach is spinning thinking of us in grand final bring it on!again ty for all help see u there well kind of lol
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If you hear a drum thats probably cbinder, poster on here... follow your ears to the Glory End. :D enjoy.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Wayne's World

Post by Wayne's World »

I wish we could have heard his drum, but they wont let him take it, stupid saints plonkers. Think they dont want anyone making as much noise as them. Childish if you ask me. Cant see the problem. He has took it for years.