Nobles Says he is Leaving

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jammie

Re: Nobles Says he is Leaving

Post by jammie »

well mr chairman not only do we want to win silverwere which is what a club of wigans stature and heritage demands,it also means you that hold the purse strings putting your hand in your tight pockets and getting us a TOP QUALITY coach AND some TOP QUALITY players,it's alright lenegan making the coach take the fall when we don't get the sucsess we crave but who does he answer to,nobbys tactics/methods had run it's course and it is time for a change,but lenegan is hireing his first coach as chairman so if it backfires (and i hope it doesn't)you mr chairman have to share the blame.good luck nobby with what ever you decide to do next.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:eusa3: :eusa3: :eusa3:

Dean Bell will have a wry smile and so have I. Where's Jimbo. Shut the door on your way out Brian. Pressure on Lenagan now though.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Gutted we lost tonight but confirmation Noble is going is a great boost after the loss.

When Noble took us on in 2006 when we looked certainties for the drop I was pretty surprised he agreed to come. When he got the team playing as they did I was utterly grateful because I knew what the consequences of the drop to NL1 were. It was great to see Noble come out into the middle of the pitch, chew the grass and the fans clapped him on every time.

It's not been like that for a wile now though has it?

I was looking forward to 2007 after the end to 2006. 2007 was a big disappointment after the way we finished 2006 but thought it was a blip. I thought 2008 would be better. As we know it wasn't and 2009 has gone the same way.

The semi final appearances mask the fact the team has not progressed under Noble but after his 2006 season with us had he actually improved the side over the last three seasons he would be a Wigan legend. I don't rejoice he has lost his job but it underlines the fact he failed and if he failed our team failed.

So even though he has gone and we must wait until the 7th to find out who our new coach is, I am already far more optimistic than I would be if we had been told Noble was our coach for next year. As I have said for some time now Noble not being our coach next year was important in itself. That part is done and dusted so lets see who our new coach will be.

Dave

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

2006 was the big achievement of Brian Noble and that is what he deserves credit for. Thereafter he has been a bad fit for Wigan. He will do Ok for Celtic.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

The number of players who went backwards under Noble's coaching says it all.
bluey

Post by bluey »

Have I missed something here or did IL say at the fans forum last season that "we are building a team" and it will take 2 seasons do not expect any silverware until 2010....so we go into building mode we try to sign
Morley - went to Warrington for more money..
King - went to Warrington for more money
Carvell - went to Warrington for more money
Hodgson - went to Huddersfoeld for more money
Bird - was going to Bradford for more money ended up at Catalan
Who is to blame for that
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

On a personal level I thought I was nice of him to come rite over to the fans like he did at the end...

Good luck in the future, sorry if didnt work out at Wigan!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

bluey wrote:Have I missed something here or did IL say at the fans forum last season that "we are building a team" and it will take 2 seasons do not expect any silverware until 2010....so we go into building mode we try to sign
Morley - went to Warrington for more money..
King - went to Warrington for more money
Carvell - went to Warrington for more money
Hodgson - went to Huddersfoeld for more money
Bird - was going to Bradford for more money ended up at Catalan
Who is to blame for that
Morley went to Wire before IL as we signed Fielden after him.
mave the rave

Post by mave the rave »

Sad to see mr Noble leave i would like to say thank you for a good season I enjoyed all the matches i saw.Think the next coach will be a yes man IL seams to go for that evident on Mr Wayne"s Video last week .Never mind Brian you kept your dignity all through what must have been a very tough month good luck in the future hope you enjoyed your couple of pints after the match.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mave the rave wrote:Sad to see mr Noble leave i would like to say thank you for a good season I enjoyed all the matches i saw.Think the next coach will be a yes man IL seams to go for that evident on Mr Wayne"s Video last week .Never mind Brian you kept your dignity all through what must have been a very tough month good luck in the future hope you enjoyed your couple of pints after the match.
We didn't have a good season. We lost 12 games and got knocked out in two semi finals.

I don't agree with the way IL has handled this and have said so on several occasions but be that as it may Noble has lost his job because we have had another poor season.

Dave