Championship final - T.Coyle

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Championship final - T.Coyle

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

just watching the Championship 1 final on SS3 from the HJ between Oldham and Keighley.
noticed Thomas Coyle playing for Oldham. no sorry, i noticed his gut first!

:o
was he always that 'tubs' when at Wigan? if so, i can see why he's now 'ex-wigan'.
if not, jesus he's let himself go!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

cpwigan

Re: Championship final - T.Coyle

Post by cpwigan »

I think Thomas is a case of a player who genetically was always going to go backwards as he aged. He is now becoming a carbon copy of his father in build/stature. His best year was 16/17 when he was slimmer/faster but with age you fill out no matter what.

More importantly. He should have been sent off even thought it was in the last minute. His stiff arm was a disgrace. He is a very niggly player. He actually created an all in brawl in a GF eliminator with Wigan and 5 or 6 reserves got banned from the GF but he got off scot free.

Rumour he has signed for Widnes in 2010.

Does have a reasonable pass.
the_cow

Re: Championship final - T.Coyle

Post by the_cow »

Yeah I have seen Tom a couple of times this season at Blackpool Panthers and he is rather rotund.

At the Northern Rail 9's his brother told the referee to check his belly as well as his studs at the beginning of the tournament.

I wouldn't say it is just due to genetics- his brother stays pretty trim.

He looked pretty awful when Oldham played at Blackpool in the regular season- tried the same miss pass move three times, and three times it was intercepted by the B'pool winger which led to 3 tries...
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!