Richard Fletcher

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Richard Fletcher

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:

Although my thought was, do we offer a trial to anyone who shows an interest?
Why not, within reason? Better that than missing out on a good player...a trial is just that, it's the equivalent of an interview.
If I'm trying to fill a vacancy, I'll interview as many applicants as possible.
I seem to remember that Denis Betts had a trial for Man. Utd (a soccer team, apparently) in his youth.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Before you offer someone a trial (interview) surely they must pre-qualify. You must sort the wheat from the chuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not I'll trial next week. I won't make the team but you can rest assured that no-one will try harder than me.

Some speccies think trying is enough - it aint - got to have talent.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
Before you offer someone a trial (interview) surely they must pre-qualify. You must sort the wheat from the chuff!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not I'll trial next week. I won't make the team but you can rest assured that no-one will try harder than me.

I agree your Halcyon Years are well gone mate. You've more chance of joining the Warbabes :lol:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Doveoverdave posted:

I did say "within reason" :wink:

Talking to a few Hull speccies, he was a decent player, just got injured a lot (!) Worth a trial, maybe, and if he does OK and is fit enough (I have my doubts about that, from some of the pics I've seen!) then why not?
All I'm saying is, don't rule him out before even seeing him.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warrior till i die posted:
i can see fraggle as the next andy faz!!!! :D :cool:
Well, you know, I've already tried Union (long time ago at school) and I was even less use at that than League, although there's not much in it. I was in the pool of 60 people who weren't good enough for any of the 4 union teams they were trying to set up for our year. Actually, it's quite sad I can even remember all that, 20 years is a long time...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
I was in the pool of 60 people who weren't good enough for any of the 4 union teams they were trying to set up for our year.
That's where you were making the mistake - play on grass, not in the pool, it's easier!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Fraggle posted:
I was in the pool of 60 people who weren't good enough for any of the 4 union teams they were trying to set up for our year.
That's where you were making the mistake - play on grass, not in the pool, it's easier!
Hmm, that would have saved hours of discomfort trying to dry out these cloth arms and legs of mine. But if they'd told me this back in 1984 I might have become a committed rugby union fan instead of a league fan - maybe it was better in the long term that I grew up thinking rugby union was the worst sport on the planet!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]