Facts!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Facts!

Post by pedro »

I cant make it. Plus if the unthinkable happened I couldnt bear another night crying myself to sleep..

Plus a couple of my employees are from Widness so if we do lose I will have to break out my firing stick for them :)

Hope we do though but they weren't that bad at all on Saturday.

Heaven forbid!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

i cant wait till after the next few games when we will have 5 wins. We will be in a good position then! At the minute I think we are in a better league position than last year.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

warrior till i die posted:
i cant wait till after the next few games when we will have 5 wins. We will be in a good position then! At the minute I think we are in a better league position than last year.
Not sure about league position, but we're only 3 points worse than after 11 games last season.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

There's lies, damn lies and...... :sly:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:
There's lies, damn lies and...... :sly:
...facts?

last season played 11, W6 D1 L4 = 13pts
this season played 11, W5 L6 = 10pts
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

There's a sad consistency there....
Welski

Post by Welski »

Doveoverdave posted:
Silly old sod
Shouldn't laugh as its totally out of order but that post did make me chuckle.

In truth 'the silly old sod' has a valid point as are most of his posts.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
bertina

Post by bertina »

Let's be honest, ok so we're in 7th position at the moment, but I don't think we've had the same 17 players for two games so far this season. Even with the long term injuries and faz gone, if we get rads back, carney back, sculthorpe back, macdonald added to the squad, we can at least get some sort of stability to the team, and put players in their true positions instead of asking them to play wherever we are short.That alone will make a huge difference.
I'm not saying it will fix everything, but all this talk of us having a club crisis is a gross exagerration.
Apart from the faz situation, most of our problems are down to injuries.That can happen to any club.Leeds, Bradford, Saints, Hull etc.!!! TAKE NOTE.
Wigan will finish in the top six.DEFINITELY.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

bertina posted:
I'm not saying it will fix everything, but all this talk of us having a club crisis is a gross exagerration.
Apart from the faz situation, most of our problems are down to injuries.That can happen to any club.Leeds, Bradford, Saints, Hull etc.!!! TAKE NOTE.
Wigan will finish in the top six.DEFINITELY.
No chance. Didn't you know that the club's going to be shut down in August, all the money going to be passed to a new Robin Park paintball team who are going to use new JJB-sponsored guns whilst competing inside the JJB stadium and hiding around the turnstiles and using the programme sales booths as defensive cover. The current playing and coaching staff will be transferred to advertising the new venture by spending for 12 hours a day at strategic locations in the region holding giant signs such as hanging off the side of the motorway bridge at junction 26 of the M6. Within 2 years the words 'rugby league' will have been removed from all signs, books and newspapers everywhere in the borough, and in 2010 the Wigan Met will pass a bye-law conferring the death sentence on anyone who even thinks about oval balls with 8 panels. All this because Wigan RKFC lost a few games and were no longer deemed worthy of anyone's time and attention. Remember - we have NO FUTURE!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]