Martin Offiah

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
pedro

Re: Martin Offiah

Post by pedro »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote: That try v Leeds where Tait waved him on the outside was an absolute classic example.
No better than the one which Vigo scored against Leeds which prompted Atkinson to announce his retirement!! :)
Offiahs was better by a mile as he created the space himself and took the invite only to make Tait look slow (which he wasnt)
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The alan tait try was the best individual try I have ever seen and probably will see. Being 9, at wembley (again) with offiah as your idol nothing compares to witnessing that.

His second was just a cherry on top.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote: That try v Leeds where Tait waved him on the outside was an absolute classic example.
No better than the one which Vigo scored against Leeds which prompted Atkinson to announce his retirement!! :)
Even if that is true it is irrelevant to the point I was making which was Offiah was not just a runner but was a winger who made his own space.

Dave
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

In today's Daily Mirror, in the disguise as an article, Offiah has managed a full page advert touting Kyle Eastmond!
A49

Post by A49 »

If I remember rightly, a few years ago when Offiah appeared on Question of Sport, he was introduced as a legendary rugby player or in similar glowing terms.

To his credit, he said words to the effect that he was never a great rugby player but was good at scoring tries.

As a sometime critic of his appetite for defence he redeemed himself a little and went up in my estimation.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

A49 wrote:If I remember rightly, a few years ago when Offiah appeared on Question of Sport, he was introduced as a legendary rugby player or in similar glowing terms.

To his credit, he said words to the effect that he was never a great rugby player but was good at scoring tries.

As a sometime critic of his appetite for defence he redeemed himself a little and went up in my estimation.
As someone who saw him in his first season at Wigan, in his open topped sports car, registration OFFIA or summat, speeding along Riverway like a maniac, almost knocking a kid over as he was too busy posing for his admiring crowd, he went DOWN in my estimation.

Tosser then, tosser now!!
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

fastest tosser in the west though
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

georgeorwell wrote:fastest tosser in the west though
Yep. You never saw him coming!! :)
platt-warrior