Warriors "take over"

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
max's mum

Warriors "take over"

Post by max's mum »

Any one out there got any info on the reports on local radio that there are a couple of bidders putting offers forward for Wigan Warriors? :exc: :exc:
Doveoverdave

Re: Warriors "take over&q...

Post by Doveoverdave »

No - but name a price :wink:
chorleywarrior

Re: Warriors "take ov...

Post by chorleywarrior »

I hope it's not Malcolm Glazier!!!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

No, but I wonder whether there is something going on behind the scenes. I was surprised when Wigan announced a profit last year - why would Whelan want to pay taxes on profits from a wholly-owned subsid when its financial success could be easily determined by the amount of sponsorship put up by his own company. The only answer I could think of was that this was aimed at attracting potential investment. Combine this with Mo's oft rumoured departure Down Under, and Whelan's football focus...
Cleveland Pieman

Post by Cleveland Pieman »

Not that I have seen any takeover stories, but what real difference will it make?
With the salary cap, a new owner can't put millions into buying all the best players. We are at our limit all the time regardless of who owns the club.
mario

Post by mario »

Cleveland Pieman posted:
Not that I have seen any takeover stories, but what real difference will it make?
With the salary cap, a new owner can't put millions into buying all the best players. We are at our limit all the time regardless of who owns the club.
If Maurice goes it will remove the spanner from the works!
Uncle Fester

Re: Warriors "take over&q...

Post by Uncle Fester »

Have heard DW will sell if Latics make it to the Prem. An ex director and club owner was mentioned.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Perhaps we'll get a new ground :eh:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mo is quoted in the Indepenent newspaper that latics gettng prompoted won't make any difference to Wigan Rl and the club has not been approached ahout a takeover.

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Will Latics promotion or not make any difference to the rugby club at all in your opinion.