Mischievous Behaviour

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
butt monkey

Mischievous Behaviour

Post by butt monkey »

I have decided to ask if the owner & moderators of this site could "come together" and discuss (what I feel) is a growing problem, about amending the rules for users on this site.

There are an increasing number of posters utilising the pages of the site in order to cause either embarrassment/score points/deliberately mislead rather than simply "talk rugby" anymore. I can give instances if people do not read the forums (but I think those that do know who/where these are).

I am not against debate, or differing points of view however, having been the "victim" already of one (in my mind a totally childish and discredited person in my mind now) attempt at editing posts to totally change what what said by the originator, in order to in somehow "reaffirm" their own view. Surely the time has come for a new rule to be added for the site to prevent it falling further into what is seemingly becoming nothing more than a schoolboy playground with a more and increasingly irritating penchant for "twisting" what posters are saying.

Please ask that all posters refrain from "mischievous behaviour" in order to create conflict between certain poster/users of this site. This appears to be increasing and I have no doubts, that during the quieter winter months will see an even larger increase due to the users boredom levels.

If this is not asked/required of users - then maybe a limit placed upon users posting to one particular thread could be an idea to stop ridiculous/petty tit-for-tat negative/useless name calling and tiresome contradictions.

Ideas/thoughts please..
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
oldtimer

Re: Mischievous Behaviour

Post by oldtimer »

do you mean?having a different opinion to yours
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

oldtimer wrote:do you mean?having a different opinion to yours
Which proves my point really! Some people do not read (or are unwilling to understand) what has previously been posted

Read the first ten words, first line of the third paragraph.

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

butt monkey wrote:Read the first ten words, first line of the third paragraph.
For the "trolls" or "mischievous"
Read the
ten word
third
line of the
first paragraph
:wink:

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

butt monkey wrote:I have decided to ask if the owner & moderators of this site could "come together" and discuss (what I feel) is a growing problem, about amending the rules for users on this site.

There are an increasing number of posters utilising the pages of the site in order to cause either embarrassment/score points/deliberately mislead rather than simply "talk rugby" anymore. I can give instances if people do not read the forums (but I think those that do know who/where these are).

I am not against debate, or differing points of view however, having been the "victim" already of one (in my mind a totally childish and discredited person in my mind now) attempt at editing posts to totally change what what said by the originator, in order to in somehow "reaffirm" their own view. Surely the time has come for a new rule to be added for the site to prevent it falling further into what is seemingly becoming nothing more than a schoolboy playground with a more and increasingly irritating penchant for "twisting" what posters are saying.

Please ask that all posters refrain from "mischievous behaviour" in order to create conflict between certain poster/users of this site. This appears to be increasing and I have no doubts, that during the quieter winter months will see an even larger increase due to the users boredom levels.

If this is not asked/required of users - then maybe a limit placed upon users posting to one particular thread could be an idea to stop ridiculous/petty tit-for-tat negative/useless name calling and tiresome contradictions.

Ideas/thoughts please..
Mmmm say what you mean BM instead of talking in riddles. You have to give genuine examples IMO.

For example

having been the "victim" already of one (in my mind a totally childish and discredited person in my mind now) attempt at editing posts to totally change what what said by the originator, in order to in somehow "reaffirm" their own view.

I am not here much now so unless it happened very recently I cannot remember any example, particularly when you are being so vague.

Personally, I have reached the conclusion people on the net do not want debate and any attempt to create it is sabotaged by trolling both here and elsewhere. Nor is it new. I think what forums becomes are essentially friendship cliques.

Whenever and wherever forum staff moderate then the more they moderate the more forum posters complain and hold grudges. I see nothing different here than in the past on this forum.

I do think occasionally there are asinine posts created. The Martin Offiah one was the most ridiculous I have ever seen by Wigan fans IMO. It was :blush:

However, if you tip toe around as you have done then it becomes pointless IMO. I tend to be brutally honest which is not the done thing anymore in life. You need to be more upfront IMO.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I just ignore the name callers, it soon becomes apparent if somone has an opinion relating to WRLFC or RL in general , or they are just name calling. skip past their post and get to the serious points being made by those that want to engage in open debate.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote: KW is an internet troll. If he was called Primrose n Blue several regulars would be up in arms.
If an 'internet troll'(sic) is a person who refuses to submit blindly, obediently and subserviently to your over-authoritative opinions, then I am guilty as charged!

Whilst on the topic of lexicology;

How would you define a person who makes a lengthy, protracted and poignant 'farewell' speech that he will never post on here again, because he is being victimised and that the forum doesn't appreciate him any more, whilst taking a few 'final' cheap shots at his fellow posters, and who then recommences posting, just as frequently as before, within 48 hours, and still has the barefaced gall to continually insist that he 'isn't posting anymore!'?

'Internet phony' would be my immediate choice, but I am sure people on here can improve on it!! :angry:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

LOL It was suggested to me that I should just post to annoy individuals like yourself. However that would make me a troll and to my knowledge only 2 individuals have admitted that they created threads and posts just to deliberately antagonise other posters. Hence you fit the term Internet Troll.

I visit here to in the main answer PMs. I think anybody can see I rarely post here at all now. I live life by a very simple ideology. I will do what I can for anybody but the moment they cross me, it ends there. I am honest but there were several people lacking honesty off site and being gutless on it at the same time. Anything I said was said in the open, never hidden, never behind people's backs etc. Such acts are spineless.

Butt Monkey needs to come clean. I can only guess he is having a dig at Dave O but that is pure speculation until he says what he means. For what it is worth I think in many respects Dave O has more integrity than 99.9% of internet users. He can be irritating but he debates with integrity at all time which an internet troll cannot ever say.

I honestly do not think internet users want debate. They pretend they do even to the point that they convince themselves they do but in reality few people do. Outsiders are treated with a hate that is totally out of peoportion with what they say or do. P n B is a classic example of that yet nowhere did he ever create as asinine thread as Martin Offiah or pure troll threads like the Bring back Noble thread.

I have to say that from a RL fan and a Wigan RL fan The Martin Offiah thread brought the forums into disrepute. It was so foolish that is actually bordered beween hilarity and anger. Anybody can say everybody has a right to an opinion but when somebody produces one like that re Martin Offiah they need protecting from themselves.

I always believe that whatever you say anywhere you should be prepared to say in public to an audience with credibility and if somebody made such comments re Martin Offiah in the company of say Wigan RL players of that era they would be so humiliated and verbally abused it would be sickening. If people apply that logic then IMO they cannot go far wrong.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Not short of an opinion are you CP, get real noboby believes your claptrap any more. If trying to create a thread to deflect from your hatemail posts I am a troll. Maybe you should post the rest of my Private Message to a single forum user and the post it was in response to then people may see you out of context snippets in their true light,
I do rarely post but that is out of respect for Mike as I was fueling the team trashers such as yourself. See they have started on Smith now. Yourself, like me should take a timeout. A proper one,
I stand by what I wrote though. Self obituary writer should get their wish and be automatically delete,
Jim
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Enough is enough. I get Butt Monkey's point and this forum is in danger of going downhill rapidly if this mudslinging continues. Thread locked.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."