Eng vs Aus Live BBC1 KO 2:30pm

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
centralparkforever

Re: Eng vs Aus Live BBC1 KO 2:30pm

Post by centralparkforever »

Sam and Richie Myler at halfs with Kyle Eastmond in place of Shenton,who to me looked out of his depth.Play Burgess at 13 and drop Sinfield to the bench. Drop Mc Guire all together,he and Sinfield with their mistakes lost England the game yesterday,we played better when they both went off.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Didnt expect this subject to be on web warriors i thought it would be on general rugby league so i started a post on there.Sorry :blush: .I agree that mcguire was hopeless again but i have never seen him perform for his country and if we are building for the future why was smith picked.I still dont think our forwards are as good which is worrying.Tomkins and Eastmond should be the halfbacks cos they both looked good.What really baffles me is why we dont throw bombs up at slater every time we get a chance,we only tried it twice and i think he knocked on once.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ancientnloyal wrote:Smith should go he hasn't done enough prep with the england squad, full time coach?

We weren't at the races first half, and against a backline including slater and inglis they did take advantage and rip us up.

Australia went off the boil second half but a spirited fightback after the boo's (remember we're in Wigan) and saw much more of Sam. For me it's Sam 7 Eastmond 6 next week.

Other good players were Crabtree and Burgess (eventually)
I didnt see the game A&L.
Why Sam at 7 and Eastmond at 6.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Pretty much agree with most of what has been said on here, we really needed a Gleeson-type player in the centres we were crap on that side.

Smith can't drop Sam after that can he?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Burgess and Crabtree caused them problems and were well up for the battle. Surely the Leeds trio of McGuire, Sinfield and Peacock must be put out to grass - just not good enough - huge reputations but little or no stomach for the battle. I would like to see Burrow at 7, Sam at 6 and keep Eastmond at centre. That would bring skill and speed into the team.

There was enough shown in the second half to give hope for the future IMO.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

would move Ellis to Centre and bring in JJB
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:Smith should go he hasn't done enough prep with the england squad, full time coach?

We weren't at the races first half, and against a backline including slater and inglis they did take advantage and rip us up.

Australia went off the boil second half but a spirited fightback after the boo's (remember we're in Wigan) and saw much more of Sam. For me it's Sam 7 Eastmond 6 next week.

Other good players were Crabtree and Burgess (eventually)
I didnt see the game A&L.
Why Sam at 7 and Eastmond at 6.
Sam played 7 and he looked good on the left of the field, eastmond played well right centre just I feel with these two at 6 & 7 staying on those sides we could do well against NZ. Saying that eastmond at 7 and tomkins at 6 could do well but not as good.

anything better than Danny "Nathan McAvoy" Mcguire
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame