BEST PLAYER SO FAR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: BEST PLAYER SO FAR

Post by MrsLam »

Last time I looked Tickle was the second highest point scorer in superleague this year after whatshisname from Leeds! Must just be a fluke, I think the reason he's not fit for the team is cause we need a coach :(
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Dallas by a mile.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

well ill do my top 5
1. Guisset
2. Newton
3. Tickle
4. Radlinski
5. Vaealiki
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

same as mine bar Vaealiki who i think is blowing hot and cold
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Agree with you waterside Glen, Vaealiki looks like he should be playing golf. :) :D
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Think tickle has really stepped up to the mark this season, it could have been make or break for him and hes really proved hes a true wigan player and could even push for the captaincy. O'loughlin was fab before his injury so i think it would have been an amazing season for him, same with hock they really put some effort in training over the off season.
Newton is his usual self 100% week in week out, dallas and vaealiki have been a great combination although vaealiki i think can improve a lot.Guisset and seuseu, nothing short of outstanding, same goes for hansen hes showing his true colours, the other side of the pitch, aspy, wild, brown, colbon has been juggled about a lot but they all seem to be doing pretty well, half backs dodgy season so far not quite got off the mark and radlinski, great as always.
Top player i think is tickle closely followed by guisset and hansen
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Tickle for the captaincy, Tickle for a GB spot (read previous posts)No, no, no, no, NO.

He's a decent pro making his way - that's it.

Newton still putting the effort in, but has been more effective and used to do the full 80. Not any more.

Lockers - done nothing wrong and looks EXTREMELY promising - tough break for him his injury.

Sorry there is no good wing combo at the club.

Guisett and Seuseu are doing a job - look like a pair of "ham 'n' eggers" to me.

Hansen - showing promise but short of experience (hate that phrase)

All of the above are easily our best guys at the moment.

THAT IS WHY WE ARE STRUGGLING :eusa4:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Tickle for mine, followed by Newton and Guisset (who has amazed me - why did the Wire let him go?). I always thought that Tickle would stand in the shadow of Hock, Lockers, Faz and co, and have been really impressed by how much he has put into the cause. He will never be the world's most gifted player, but he could certainly be an improved version of Cassidy. Oh, and his kicking has generally been good...
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

The Fenchman wanted a better contract and the Wolves

a) couldn't afford it
b) didn't think he was worth it
c) had some tough decsions to make as regards the cap.

He's doing a job for us at the moment because we're strapped for high quality players. He is giving us his best and we appreciate this - but remember where he's come from and his limitations he aint no world beater - and has been battered a few times whilst playing for Wigan but has refused to take a backward step.

100% for effort - lacks true ability.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mrs_carney posted:
Think tickle has really stepped up to the mark this season, it could have been make or break for him and hes really proved hes a true wigan player and could even push for the captaincy.
Good player doesn't always mean good captain, and that honour shouldn't be based on just rugby skills. Chris Joynt was, to me, the best example of this. As a rugby player, he's was average at best, but he always seemed pretty effective as a captain. In Faz, we were lucky in having one of the best in the game as a player as well as someone who always stamped his authority on a team - by shouting, pointing, etc! I've not really seen Tickle having much in the way or organisational skills, so let's leave him doing what he's doing.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]