Thread Blocking is wrong!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Thread Blocking is wrong!

Post by jobo »

dont think it was bringing the forum into disrepute. CPW was saving you from yourself, saving you from appearing a complete idiot for saying what you said about Offiah
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Off scew but am I one of the few who think this site isnt going downhill?

It's the best supporter site on the web for any rugby club, where else can you get videos, pictures, instant news from everywhere, multiple discussions etc etc?

People make it bad buy posting their dislike of a thread instead of - what ronan keating once said - say nothing at all. If one doesnt agree dont reply against the poster - reply against the post.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote: People make it bad buy posting their dislike of a thread instead of - what ronan keating once said - say nothing at all. If one doesnt agree dont reply against the poster - reply against the post.
Precisely. Posts about the nature of the thread or about the people who post appearing in the middle of a discussion just send it off topic into a personal slanging match.

Obviously if a thread is completely off topic for the forum it is in in the first place it should be moved (but this does not always seem to work) and threads that may be libelous or simply insulting will get locked or deleted but if a thread is on-topic for the board it is in then if some people find it boring or repetitive just give it a miss.

Dave
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ancientnloyal wrote:Off scew but am I one of the few who think this site isnt going downhill?

It's the best supporter site on the web for any rugby club, where else can you get videos, pictures, instant news from everywhere, multiple discussions etc etc?

People make it bad buy posting their dislike of a thread instead of - what ronan keating once said - say nothing at all. If one doesnt agree dont reply against the poster - reply against the post.
You only need to read through this thread to find numerous examples of this not happening. I accept that as a mod there will be some potential for criticism of myself but what I don't like is the fact that some regular posters are made to feel marginalised because everytime they make a point (maybe not quite as eloquently as DaveO) they get someone jumping down their throats and totally ignoring either the post or the persons reason for posting it. People are looking for motives when there are none meaning that people are becoming wary about giving their opinion in case it starts a bandwagon of animosity.

All I want to see is for people to treat debate as they would an argument with a mate in a pub and for people to be themselves. If that means you'd call someone a daft sod but then go on to explain why, in relation to the post, then I personally don't see a problem with it. Its not about being nicey nicey all the time, if a friend calls you a wazzock, you'd still buy him a pint. If people can't take it from some random person on a forum they have never met they must have very sheltered lives.

This site is indeed great but to me it feels like the forum is in a transitional period where it can be made or broken depending on how people decide to take things. Get on with debating take every post as you find it and stop this 'gathering evidence' malarkey. Its not rocket science.

By the way, ANL ate my hamster.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Can someone please block this thread as its getting boreing. LOL