Boxing Day friendly V Wire?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Boxing Day friendly V Wire?

Post by ancientnloyal »

YES it is.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

Thankyou very much A&L.
WIGAN TILL I DIE

League_Fan

Post by League_Fan »

Also heard that the game was part of a fee towards signing James Graham for next season and that all proceeds will go directly to Saints.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Also heard that the game was part of a fee towards signing James Graham for next season and that all proceeds will go directly to Saints.
That strange coz Graham said yesterday that it is all talk and as far as he is concerned he will be at saints next season.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

wiggydoran wrote:
That strange coz Graham said yesterday that it is all talk and as far as he is concerned he will be at saints next season.
He might have been told to keep it quiet for whatever reason, it wouldn't be the first time a player or club has denied something which then happens. And Graham didn't actually say he wasn't going to Wigan, he said something along the lines of 'as far as I'm aware'.

Not that I actually expect him to go to Wigan btw but denials can sometimes mean very little.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It's usual for sporting athletes to deny until a specified date, he still may or may not be coming to Wigan. What I found funny also about the article (very short one to add) was Warrington have been linked...

I guess the Cayman Islands will be busy this winter with funds from poor-mans-cheshire
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

gpartin wrote:
wiggydoran wrote:
He might have been told to keep it quiet for whatever reason, it wouldn't be the first time a player or club has denied something which then happens. And Graham didn't actually say he wasn't going to Wigan, he said something along the lines of 'as far as I'm aware'.

Not that I actually expect him to go to Wigan btw but denials can sometimes mean very little.

i was talking to a friend about an hr ago, hes been a season ticket holder at saints for yrs and he's 1000% sure graham is coming to wigan and it will be announced next week, with fielden being released from his contract.he genuinly seemed gutted when he was telling me also said that saints plan to use cunningham as a prop next yr. guess well find out next week
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

If you read the article in the Observer,it reads that MM is unlikely to signing any new players :conf:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

We shall see soon enough I suppose. The things that concern me about him is the way he was after the Leeds game where he wouldn't shake hands with their players and the rumours about his relationship with Potter. It looks like he spits his dummy out a fair bit. That said his record on the pitch speaks for itself and I think he would be a great signing and I would hope the new coaching team would be able to iron out any potential attitude problems he may have.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Stains would never sell a top class player to us .
The hatred - jealousy is that deep , Unless they were really strapped for cash , then Leeds or Wires or Huddersfield could find another quarter of a million from their salary caps !.
Personally I think this is another rumour .