Not "all roses" down 't' road!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jammie

Re: Not "all roses" down 't' road!

Post by jammie »

don't know how true it is but i heard some of the companys who put tenders in have withdrawn them because the cost of reclaiming the contaminated ground was going to be alot higher than they planned.it will be even more contaminated when/if that load of rubbish start to play on it.it reminds me of a joke i heard why is the grass so green at knowsley road? because of the s**t that's always on it :D
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Big Mac

Post by Big Mac »

Cant wait for the new season should be a good un.Iv been very impressed when iv heard Shaun Wayne speak bit of passion back at Wigan been Lacking that in recent years.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

:eusa16:
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Local rivalry is what sport is all about, so why on earth do some people on this site want to see the total demise of the Saints? If they go under it will be disastrous for rugby league in general and for us in particular. There are only seven clubs that attract decent support and these clubs are the backbone of SL. Saints are one of them, and without them, their support and their history, SL will be all the poorer and it may actually herald the beginning of the end for our sport as we know it.

So, good people of Wigan, bite your tongues, take a deep breath and wish our neighbours all the best with their plans for the future. We need them.

People from St Helens are just scousers with toilets!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

botica wrote:We have had the new stadium plans into our office for tender. Just looked on the drawings and they still have the architech's name on... I cannot for the life of me recall who sent the package through.
Don't suppose the surname "Lewis" appears anywhere in the stuff you have seen?

Son of a family friend is supposed to have worked on the stadium design.

Dave
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

georgeorwell wrote:Local rivalry is what sport is all about, so why on earth do some people on this site want to see the total demise of the Saints? If they go under it will be disastrous for rugby league in general and for us in particular. There are only seven clubs that attract decent support and these clubs are the backbone of SL. Saints are one of them, and without them, their support and their history, SL will be all the poorer and it may actually herald the beginning of the end for our sport as we know it.

So, good people of Wigan, bite your tongues, take a deep breath and wish our neighbours all the best with their plans for the future. We need them.

People from St Helens are just scousers with toilets!
If it wasn't for the games against us and Wire, snakes attendances would be average at best.
Wigan and Leeds are ahead of all the other SL teams attendance wise, Bradford attendances are rubbish, as are Huddersfield. Stains are attended poorly for a team that has had the success they have had in recent years. If they go Wire would like to pretend to be our big derby game.
If they don't get a stadium, throw them out!
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09