Moran

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Joanne2809

Moran

Post by Joanne2809 »

Dont know about anyone else, but I think Moran was useless tonight, at one point I though Lam was going to run out there and take his shirt off him, he was going mad on touchline at one point !!!!

We need a good kicker and play maker....not a good spectical to watch tonight, not enough good rugby played !!

As for Melling at full back, think the score line would have looked differently if Kris was playing !!!
MrsLam

Re: Moran

Post by MrsLam »

Melling was certainly useless tonight!

Moran was very quiet, his kicks weren't on top form this week, thought this might have changed after last week, they were far far better.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Only looked useless tonight? To give him credit his kicking game isnt generally too bad, he misses tackles and drops the ball far too often and he doesnt run at the line like he should, he shy's away
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Seems to be a running theme that MrsCarney. Aspy does it too, and so does Vaealiki. As said before all good players before they come to Wigan then they become boring, predictable or terrified of running towards the line!

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I wish moran would do something inventive though, like a kick and chase thats possible to catch break the line and offload, i mean is that so much to ask? He's supposidely got lam training him, i mean when did lam turn as useless as a chocolate teapot?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Mmm chocolate! Maybe Moran is completely ignoring any advice from Lam, which is not on he needs to take advice and work on it. I agree he is not too creative in what he does, last week his kicks were better but maybe that was just a fluke since this week we've gone back to the same style. 5 tackles and a kick straight to their full back.OR straight to a player running onto the ball who has already had his hands up ready to catch it 5 minutes before it was kicked. I don't know *tut tut*

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

He set Carney up for a try and scored a drop goal to win us the game, I'm not complaining!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
Only looked useless tonight? To give him credit his kicking game isnt generally too bad, he misses tackles and drops the ball far too often and he doesnt run at the line like he should, he shy's away
His kicking game tonight was 50/50 IMO. Some good some bad, but did you not see that chip kick for the try?

He saved Kev Browns blushes with that because not a moment before Brown had held onto the ball when Moran was up in support amd clean through.

Also had his interception come off he would have been a hero.

it just ian't going right for us at the moment. I do think he should run at the line more but I can't say he stands out as particularly bad in a poor team!

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

The whole point is that Moran at London was fantastic and at Wigan is inert. Does anyone with a brain really think he left his ability at the Watford Gap?