Lack of Respect

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Lack of Respect

Post by Doveoverdave »

Since the dawn of SL there has been wholescale lack of vision within the club as regards the coaching position.

Lowe caused a revolution within the game in the mid eighties by employing never before seen tactics and even gamesmanship to give his team any advantage possible.

We learned our lesson , the whole of RL followed the principle set down at Wigan that the coach could make an ordinary team better, good team great.

The job has just been handed out to past players who have not earned their stripes. How can Betts coach people that he's played with? Make the tough decisions about players that he has formed personal frienships with?

There are many posts on the board drawing the analogy between Wigan and business. Looks like the apprentice is running the factory now.

The coach is the most influential man at the club as regards play/ers/ing and as such should be viewed in the highest regard by his staff.

Betts/Lam is not the combo needed now with the team's "I knew him when he was a player and........."

Tony Smith at Leeds walked into his dressing room and said words to the effect, "Connelly your not needed , Cummings your not good enough!"

Tough decisions made about senior pros that he would have to stand by but he got the players attention, respect as boss and killed any old boys club that may have existed.

Tough decisions that have not been made in years at Wigan and are now coming home to roost.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Lack of Respect

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Doveoverdave posted:
Since the dawn of SL there has been wholescale lack of vision within the club as regards the coaching position.

Lowe caused a revolution within the game in the mid eighties by employing never before seen tactics and even gamesmanship to give his team any advantage possible.

We learned our lesson , the whole of RL followed the principle set down at Wigan that the coach could make an ordinary team better, good team great.

The job has just been handed out to past players who have not earned their stripes. How can Betts coach people that he's played with? Make the tough decisions about players that he has formed personal frienships with?

There are many posts on the board drawing the analogy between Wigan and business. Looks like the apprentice is running the factory now.

The coach is the most influential man at the club as regards play/ers/ing and as such should be viewed in the highest regard by his staff.

Betts/Lam is not the combo needed now with the team's "I knew him when he was a player and........."

Tony Smith at Leeds walked into his dressing room and said words to the effect, "Connelly your not needed , Cummings your not good enough!"

Tough decisions made about senior pros that he would have to stand by but he got the players attention, respect as boss and killed any old boys club that may have existed.

Tough decisions that have not been made in years at Wigan and are now coming home to roost.
Well bro you have posted some sh!te in you short time on the board but this one is a gem!! I agree 1000% :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc:
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

Well bro you have posted some sh!te in you short time on the board but this one is a gem!! I agree 1000% :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc:
:roll: I agree also 100%, we need to keep the pressure up to m ake sure the word is heard far and wide "We are not happy" Because if this continues, we will not have a future at the level to which we are accustomed !!!

:angry: :angry:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

WNAC & jj Sos for the miserable post but I'd had a few pints, late at night and just typed the sort of self-pitying drivel that occupies my mind when thinking of WRL.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Ditto for my response Dave :)
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

jj if you can be bothered give me your quick analysis of the game last night.

Have read most already - but some how half the team played brill and we came up with that scraggy win?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Not got too much time (golf awaits!!) and it has been done to death on here already but one observation I noticed was that with ball in hand we never changed our line up across the field from the defensive setup.

Brown was always at the side of DV, Moran was always inside Aspy with a pile of forwards lined up in between them. It's no wonder we don't have a half back combination - they aren't often in the same post code!!