Ben Jones-Bishop and Kallum Watkins

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
The Eclipse

Ben Jones-Bishop and Kallum Watkins

Post by The Eclipse »

Have once again highlighted everything i dislike about Super League.

I just listened to them carve up Wakey in their Boxing Day challenge and it only confirmed that here are two exciting talents who need to be tested week in week out.

But how much game time will they get in SL next season ?
Watkins is potentially the most exciting centre to emerge for many years and could in future be an English equivalent to the likes of Folau and Idris etc.
With the Leeds signing of the solid but unspectacular Brett Delaney, i think Watkins will be left in the Under 20's competition. I've known Delaney since he was playing in the Parramatta juniors and he is and always be a lock forward, he hasn't the pace to be a centre imo.

BJ-B will go on loan to Quins but his heart is at the Rhinos and it's a real shame that his path is blocked because he is a superb talent.
The number of imports needs to be cut in half.
MrDave

Re: Ben Jones-Bishop and Kallum Watkins

Post by MrDave »

Leeds recruitment is excellent they got Kallum Watkins from under the noses of the Lancashire clubs with Watkins coming from Manchester. You would expect Wigan, St Helens and Salford to have Manchester covered.

Leeds also seem to have a keen eye on the national leagues picking up a few of the good players from lower league clubs.