HOCK SIGNS 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ancientnloyal

Re: HOCK SIGNS 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Post by ancientnloyal »

Great news!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

very bad move if true
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Whether good timing or not , if Hock would have signed for some one else you`ld have all been moaning about losing another good Wigan player .
The club can`t win either way .

Let`s support the club on this , IL has done some good things lately and our futures looking good .
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

like josie said its not been announced yet by the club so lets wait and see!

Well said Jack!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pieater-alex wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Just trust me its true, and I am delighted for one.
Wow he's made a very fast recovery. I would have thought the club would have been much more cautious.
Me to. And not just because the club might look rather silly if he falls off the wagon in the meantime.

My reservation is that we have young players coming through who in 18 months time may have established themselves in the first team with others pushing to do so.

Are they to just stand aside for a player banned for two years for taking drugs? A five year deal suggests that is exactly what they will have to do.

If the club had decided after his ban was up he warranted a five year deal all things considered at that time then fair enough but unless they have a crystal ball they have no idea what the back row situation will be at the club at that time.

For this reason this does not seem a very sensible move and that is not about not giving him a second chance, it's just common sense.

If the club are worried about other clubs signing him had they not done this then they should not have been given we are supposed to be producing talented back row forwards by the pack load. Had he chosen to sign for someone else then they should just have let him go.

Dave

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jackoh wrote:Whether good timing or not , if Hock would have signed for some one else you`ld have all been moaning about losing another good Wigan player .

Let`s support the club on this , IL has done some good things lately and our futures looking good .
IL has made some good decisions lately,but to make it known that we have resigned a man who has let himelf,fans and teammates down by knowingly breaking the rules beggars belief.All the young players now know that even if you take drugs it is ok,you will perhaps get a ban,be looked after whilst you serve it then get a long lucrative contract.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

old hooker wrote:All the young players now know that even if you take drugs it is ok,you will perhaps get a ban,be looked after whilst you serve it then get a long lucrative contract.
Well that is the other (moral) side of the argument as opposed to the practical one of not knowing what the team situation and requirements will be when his ban is up but I can't fault your reasoning.

And when you say "perhaps get a ban", perhaps is right because if Hock had not got picked for England and so been tested he may well have got away with it.

Dave
pedro

Post by pedro »

old hooker wrote:
jackoh wrote:Whether good timing or not , if Hock would have signed for some one else you`ld have all been moaning about losing another good Wigan player .

IL has made some good decisions lately,but to make it known that we have resigned a man who has let himelf,fans and teammates down by knowingly breaking the rules beggars belief.All the young players now know that even if you take drugs it is ok,you will perhaps get a ban,be looked after whilst you serve it then get a long lucrative contract.
but he hasnt made it known has he
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

If St Helens had signed him there would have been all hell let loose on this site. And make no mistake they were sniffing around, lets say well done to Lennagan to secure him for Wigan before someone else did. Lets not forget BIRDS crime and he still played.
PS Garath ita nice to see you back, now let the Wigan supporters get behind him and help him recover because one thing is for sure HE WILL GIVE YOU 100% on the field.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Hasn't Bird has his conviction quashed now, hence the lightning fast move back to Aus?

Great news for Gaz and the club if it's true.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09