Huddersfield Giants Players Arrested

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Shaun1967

Huddersfield Giants Players Arrested

Post by Shaun1967 »

"Six players from Huddersfield Giants been arrested on suspicion of rape during a pre-season tour to Newcastle.

Police are questioning the players after a 22-year-old woman claimed she was raped in Gosforth early on Monday.

A spokesman for Northumbria Police said: "Northumbria Police can confirm that a 22-year-old woman has made an allegation of rape following an incident in Gosforth, Newcastle, in the early hours of January 19.

"Six men have been arrested and are currently helping with inquiries.

"The investigation is in the very early stages and inquiries are ongoing."

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,1 ... 66,00.html
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
gpartin

Re: Huddersfield Giants Players Arrested

Post by gpartin »

Its on the front page of the Mirror, first time I've ever seen rugby league on the front page. Teletext says the woman 'was raped' rather than claimed she was. Not sure if thats significant or not. Inclined not to believe it, false allegations are far too frequent against sports stars.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I will await further information.Charges brought either against said players or woman for false allegations.Rugby brought to the front page of any rag can only mean one thing.Guilt before innocence. :angry:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I'll wait for the facts to come out before i pass judgement. Its such a touchy issue and so open to exploit.

Dont get me wrong i appreciate fully the severity of true rape and i dont wish to demean that it any way by what im about to say.

Some rape claims stem more from regret of an act than actual rape. Like theree was the case recently with the women in dubiah.

Got drunk on her hen night claims she passed out in a toilet were a waiter (male) "raped" her then she went and spent the night with her fiance and remembered in the morning she had been raped. Some of the stories dont add up
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Nobody ever gets convicted... remember the Leicester City players a few years back and the recent England/lions rugby Yawnion players in Auckland (i think)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

ancientnloyal wrote:Nobody ever gets convicted... remember the Leicester City players a few years back and the recent England/lions rugby Yawnion players in Auckland (i think)
They don't get convicted because usually they haven't done it. As has been mentioned no one would wish to make light of a rape, it should IMO carry a life sentence, but until the allegations are proven, the press should not be allowed to print this stuff. Mud sticks, and even if it later transpires the allegatuions were false, the person making the claim will still not be named. All this will do is give rumour mongers everywhere chance to start suggesting who has been charged.
I hope that doesn't happen on this site, we don't want the owner sued and the site closed.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Names shouldn't be given and you're right, hardly anyone gets conviced. Usually the young women (or men ;)) want a quick buck with the papers to sell a story.

Who knows, just hope Huddersfield players get on with training and it is resolved quickly.

Rugby Union is in the papers daily for eye gauging, cheating, boring etc... League isn't... wouldn't want us to get these headlines.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
botica

Post by botica »

I too will wait for more info on this one. If the lady was raped then i hope they get strung up with their short and curlys, if its a false allegation then that should happen to the lady in question... Its hard enough for true victims of rape to come forward without people making it up for a fast buck.

However please don't disregard the power of PR staff and well paid solicitors.

although not the same, remember Steven Gerrards assault charges, he ended up on reduced charges and cleared, yet the CCTV clearly showed it did happen. Its all in how you put it across.....
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010