opinions wanted

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: opinions wanted

Post by jinkin jimmy »

So to sum up then based on replies so far this is the worst team for approx 20yrs, which is just about as long as I have been watching, which is why I said it was the worst team I'd seen!!
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

I'm not old enough to remember the day's of Wigan in the second division and so yes this is the worst Wigan team I have ever watched. Age is a factor, size is a factor but what it ultomately comes down to is that the young lads we've got aren't up to the task.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
Carneys angel

Post by Carneys angel »

but how can we have you lads playing that are up to task when they dont play with the senior team, bringing youngster up to help out is all well and good in times of emergency but has it never struck anyone to bring them up into the ranks when we are palying well with a full team to give them some experience of what SL is like without throwing them in at the deep end? :conf:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doveoverdave posted:
It was my undestandng that Wigan renaged on an increased conract offer that was the deciding factor in HP leaving.
I'll dig out the Monie book again to check but I think HP was a victim of the salary cap regulations, he'd been promised extra money but the club suddenly found they couldn't afford to pay him that and stay anywhere near the salary cap (which we were alreday over for that season anyway). Remember this was the time when we had accountants running the club who were turning off the hot water in the players' showers to save a few pence, so financial management was all over the place. Nothing to do with Monie liking or disliking him, as far as I know.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]