HOCK SIGNS 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: HOCK SIGNS 5 YEAR CONTRACT

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Drug cheat or not.
Getting Gaz Hock back as a Wigan player after his ban completes, is better than facing up against Gaz Hock as a opposition team player after his ban.
If announced, this will no doubtedly bring bad press to Wigan Warriors RFL, but if thats what the consequences are, then so be it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Drug cheat or not.
Getting Gaz Hock back as a Wigan player after his ban completes, is better than facing up against Gaz Hock as a opposition team player after his ban.
If announced, this will no doubtedly bring bad press to Wigan Warriors RFL, but if thats what the consequences are, then so be it.
What's new? If it weren't for bad press, Rugby League wouldn't get a mention in the papers :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

why is he been labelled a drugs cheat, he didn,t take the damn stuff to cheat, unlike some well known super league players who have got away with it, this was a social drug not a sport cheating drug, but i still don't condone it. but i hope it is true he has signed
Panchitta Marra

WESTCUMBRIARIVE​RSIDER​ wrote:why is he been labelled a drugs cheat, he didn,t take the damn stuff to cheat, unlike some well known super league players who have got away with it, this was a social drug not a sport cheating drug, but i still don't condone it. but i hope it is true he has signed
I fully understand what you are saying, and totally agree.
The point of my thread was to highlight that it would make bad press, as the media know how best to do it with Rugby League. Hence my comment "BUT SO BE IT".
Like you, I want Gaz Hock to be a Wigan player after his period of absence from Rugby League, and I hope Wigan are doing all they can to help re-habillitate him so he has no requirement to take the stuff again.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Hope it is true because if the club do not resign him, other clubs will not hesitate to offer him a contract!

To those who say the club should not sign him, they should remember that Ryan Hudson had no problem getting a contract after he had serve his suspension for drug taking.
Poster

Post by Poster »

I know it is RU and they can do nothing wrong but Saracens have just signed Stevens who also was done for using cocaine and got a like ban to Hock no rugby contact for the 2yr period. He had previously been a Bath player when he was banned.
so must be ok and no bad press for them
Panchitta Marra

Poster wrote:I know it is RU and they can do nothing wrong but Saracens have just signed Stevens who also was done for using cocaine and got a like ban to Hock no rugby contact for the 2yr period. He had previously been a Bath player when he was banned.
so must be ok and no bad press for them
The top editors in most of the main newspapers and TV media are biased toward RU, as opposed to RL.
As a sport, RU is excellent at covering up its shortfalls and making their weaknesses look good.
If Rugby League had the same structure, it would have left Rugby Union trailing well behind by now.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

The other things that the RU commentators do is focus on the positives in a game.

A 12 - 9 no try game will be described as superb defence.
You never hear about appalling defence if a team scores a try, they talk about the attacking side.
Compare that to Stevo, he will talk about why the try should have been prevented.

It's the old adage, if you tell people often enough many will believe you.
Panchitta Marra

No straw damn us wrote:The other things that the RU commentators do is focus on the positives in a game.

A 12 - 9 no try game will be described as superb defence.
You never hear about appalling defence if a team scores a try, they talk about the attacking side.
Compare that to Stevo, he will talk about why the try should have been prevented.

It's the old adage, if you tell people often enough many will believe you.
Couldnt agree more NSDU.
Stevo will look at every angle possible to comment that the ball was passed forward or knocked on, wheras in Union the commentators make no statement.
This is a failing in our sport, where we are too critical.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Personally, I think SKY go over the top with positivity. After all they have a product to sell and doing it down does not make sense.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐