Nicky Stanton.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Nicky Stanton.

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:This wouldn't be the same Nicky Stanton that was dropped by Shaun Wane for the 2008 reserve Grand Final at St.Helens for not turning up for training in the spare week after they had won the qualifying semi, who then strolled into training in the week leading up to the final thinking he was an automatic choice?
I will double check but IMO your information is false. It is the Nicky Stanton who Shaun Wane pleaded with to stay and the same Nicky Stanton who would not allow his signing for another club be announced until the Wigan season was completed (out of respect for Waney)

Nicky Stanton was not dropped by Shaun Wane for the GF It was a decision taken above his head.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Dave it is hard to say. Ainsy IMO was a right winger but he got his first team games on the left wing. I personally think he is a better right winger. Charnley I think is a left wing but his rate of improvement has been staggering.

I would like to see Stefan Marsh get a go at full back. His natural position IMO. He can also play wing and has the pace of an outside back. He is not a centre IMO (At the highest level)

I think Goulding and Ian Thornley whilst able to play on the wing are both centres.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:This wouldn't be the same Nicky Stanton that was dropped by Shaun Wane for the 2008 reserve Grand Final at St.Helens for not turning up for training in the spare week after they had won the qualifying semi, who then strolled into training in the week leading up to the final thinking he was an automatic choice?
I will double check but IMO your information is false. It is the Nicky Stanton who Shaun Wane pleaded with to stay and the same Nicky Stanton who would not allow his signing for another club be announced until the Wigan season was completed (out of respect for Waney)

Nicky Stanton was not dropped by Shaun Wane for the GF It was a decision taken above his head.

Both Stanton and Luke Rhoden were dropped for the final for disciplinary reasons, and as you probably know never played for the club again.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

Both Stanton and Luke Rhoden were dropped for the final for disciplinary reasons, and as you probably know never played for the club again.
Not what I was told and my information came from within the club. Shaun Wane was forced to drop Nicky and even when he did so he still made him part of the GF day. Very different from Luke Rhoden would you not say.

Waney picked Stanton match after match.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:Wakefield wanted him for 2010 Excile but he was persuaded to remain at Leigh. I believe he went to Leigh because he wanted to play first team RL. Stanton had been in our senior academy teams since the age of 16 before even the likes of Sam T. He was in the first team squad at Wigan for 3 years +. In his last year he was promised some first team games by Noble and it never materialised. We experienced how difficult it was for Ainsy to get a game when lady luck smiled upon him to get him an opportunity. Despite scoring several tries, Noble found a reason to drop him.

I think more and more young players will go to the Championship to show their ability and then move back to SL.

BM / M no idea what nonsense you are spouting as you are both on my ignore option.
Stanton did not play for the senior academy until 2007, Sam had already played 5 games at senior academy level in 2006.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Who was the first to play regularly Straw for the senior academy? Who was the first signed properly Straw? Who made the first team squad first? Sam was not even wanted at first. Wigan tried to sign Eastmond and they kept Sam about the place carrying water in his early days having failed to get Eastmond, whilst the 2 Coyles were playing in the halves. Sam grew several inches post 16, worked incredibly hard and the rest is history. Nicky Stanton worked incredibly hard and got picked week in week out.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

No straw damn us wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

WOW! Seems like your sources might be more reliable than someone else "thinks" his are. Wondering if you are/were a player/involved within the club at that time, so that you KNOW what happened and the other person just was told about it?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

butt monkey wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
cpwigan wrote: I will double check but IMO your information is false. It is the Nicky Stanton who Shaun Wane pleaded with to stay and the same Nicky Stanton who would not allow his signing for another club be announced until the Wigan season was completed (out of respect for Waney)

WOW! Seems like your sources might be more reliable than someone else "thinks" his are. Wondering if you are/were a player/involved within the club at that time, so that you KNOW what happened and the other person just was told about it?
Hello stalker. I don't like it when people say or print things that are false. Having known both Sam and Nicky since they were both schoolboys I can tell you both are outstanding young men. Knowing the type of men they are and being privy to what went on behind closed doors I stand by what I was told given that information like all my information is first hand and from within the club with no axe to grind. It strikes me some people are more obsessed with who posted the message and trying to get one over them. You can dream BM
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

This post is starting to degenerate into a sniping session,so only one thing to do
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered