Leadership team is announced

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Leadership team is announced

Post by cpwigan »

Wingers are too far from the action to be a captain IMO
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I'm surprised Coley is in there, as I was that he got the number 10 jersey. Maguire obviously sees something in him I don't.
For me Coley has moments of skill, but even more moments of insane off loading or failing to hold on to the ball at vital times.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

highland convert wrote:The players and the coach see the players day in day out and accept the status quo but people outwith the inner circle always doubt the selection. Do I detect the knives getting ready for MM already,
Jim
Not at all highland.No Knives at the ready.Just my observation regarding selection.I did however qualify this by saying the coach knows best or words to that effect.I shall wait and see what the season brings before making any criticism of his selection. :D
jobo

Post by jobo »

Some of the background noise seems to suggest that not that many of the squad were putting their hands up for this role.
Which is possibly why you get the likes of Coley and Bailey included.

It seems to be a novel idea that's now beggining to look just a bit daft.

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Cant see that it matters really,what are they going to do,have a meeting in the middle of a game to see whether to kick for goal or put it in touch? Crazy idea imo.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

highland convert wrote:
Fujiman wrote:Surprised Fieldens name is not there
Probably would have been but for the constant flak he gets from the fans, Look at Lockers for the first half of last season yet by the end it was decided he was the best man for the job,
Jim
Turns out the players voted for the other four, not the fans...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Morph wrote:
MrDave wrote:
Fujiman wrote:Surprised Fieldens name is not there
Experience wise Fielden would be an obvious choice but when you consider he has been struggling to perform anywhere near his best for a few years now would it really be a good idea to add more pressure on him.

Out of the leadership team I would say only two are definite starters O'Loughlin and Carmont, although even Carmont might not start much if Wigan try to bring in a new centre to replace him.
Do you mean for next season, or is there rumours about us signing someone later in the season?
Well Carmont is coming towards the end of his playing career and Lenegan wants a develop from within policy so it would be ideal for Carmonts replacement to get a few games this season whether its Goulding, Pryce, Marsh or someone else.

To me it seems like to Leadership team is a bit like heads of departments. Coley = Forwards, Leulaui = halfs, Carmont = Backs and Bailey = Defence.