Brian Noble not everyones choice at crusaders

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Brian Noble not everyones choice at crusaders

Post by cpwigan »

mickw wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Excile there were a group of posters on here who last season ignored any failings and defended every player and their coach come what may. Crazy. Those attitudes hiding under I am a loyal fan this is what fans should do helped to get us relegated to Division 2.

Ignorance leads to stagnation and decline in all aspects of life.
i`m just wondering how the fans helped get us relegated,i don`t remember thinking i was responsible!
Mick when things are going wrong but people stand by and ignore them then they are part of the problem. Pretending something is not happening is a recipe for disaster in any walk of life. Some on here are entering their twilight of their lives and have never learned such things.
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

cpwigan wrote:Excile there were a group of posters on here who last season ignored any failings and defended every player and their coach come what may. Crazy. Those attitudes hiding under I am a loyal fan this is what fans should do helped to get us relegated to Division 2

So standing in Gods Green Acre freezing my ass off got us relegated? most interesting.
PS spent the best part of 30yrs being a "happy clapper" better than being a grouch

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

highland convert wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Excile there were a group of posters on here who last season ignored any failings and defended every player and their coach come what may. Crazy. Those attitudes hiding under I am a loyal fan this is what fans should do helped to get us relegated to Division 2.

So if we enjoy the team and the game without going apeshit if things are not all rosie now we are classed as ignorant happy clappers. I thought Mike was banning posters inciting with those types of post.
Keep taking the pills,
Jim
Jim,

You didn't bother replying to my last post so I'll try again.

How long have we all been saying that Feka and Riddell are carrying too much weight? How long did Nobby and co have to deal with this? Does fitness impact a players performance on the pitch, if yes does it follow that if a player is not as fit as possible then a coach will not get the best out of the players? Is it the coaches responsibility to highlight a players weaknesses and work on them or is it the players responsibility? If the player has been told to work on an area of weakness but doesn't should there be some kind of sanction on the player? What sanctions did Nobby put on Piggy and Feka for not losing weight?

If Nobby was so good why are the players ALL saying that training is much more demanding, that they were just 'plodding along' previously and that they are fitter than ever? Without the players saying this it was obvious that they were poorly prepared for many games in the previous seasons, that we didn't know what to do when we got behind and that we lost too many games to teams that were not as good as us.

You stated previously that Nobby managed to get his players fired up to play Leeds, does this mean that when the team are not fired up it is the coaches fault in some way, or are you suggesting that the players were fired up for every game last year? If not was the coach not motivating well enough or did the players not respect the coach enough to be consistently motivated? You can't have it both ways.

You have even suggested in the past that the players in the Wigan squad were not even Nobby's players but I can pretty much guarantee that if we start doing well you will claim it is down to Nobby.

The Wigan club have clearly listened to the fans and as a result we have got fitter players a much more apparent pride in the team and a general feelgood factor amongst the players that hasn't been seen at Wigan for sometime. If my negativity on here has influenced that in some way then I am proud of that fact and even if we don't win a trophy this season I am confident that the games we lose will be contested for 80 minutes by players who actually give a stuff.

Nobby is continuing along the same route at Crusaders now, buying badboys thinking that by being mates with them he can earn their respect and get them to perform. It didn't work for us and it wont work for them.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

MiThor wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Excile there were a group of posters on here who last season ignored any failings and defended every player and their coach come what may. Crazy. Those attitudes hiding under I am a loyal fan this is what fans should do helped to get us relegated to Division 2

So standing in Gods Green Acre freezing my ass off got us relegated? most interesting.
PS spent the best part of 30yrs being a "happy clapper" better than being a grouch
Its not a case of being a grouch we give praise where its due but this site is for giving opinions, positive or negative and as fans we pay the players wages and at the very least we should be able to expect the players to be as fit as possible, train hard and play harder. Little has been said by the players about performances on the pitch but the first two have been addressed and I for one feel my comments over the last seasons have been vindicated.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

MiThor wrote:

Yes, you and every other fan was in part to blame because you ignored what was happening. So yes, those in charge of the club are in the main to blame but likewise the failure of fans not to be vocal and keep their mouths shut meant that those in charge were under no pressure to take action. relegation was the final outcome of nearly a decade of ignorance.

Politicians make decisions good or bad but you
, me and everybody/anybody else who fail to stand up and say what we believe are in part to blame. As an extereme example Hitler / Nazis were to blame in the main but the ordinary decent Germans that turned a blind eye and ignorance were also to blame.

Change / Improvement requires people to stand up and be counted. Shrinking violets never achieved anything.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hilter? Nazis?

I invoke Godwins Law

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐