Wigan 32 Hull KR 6

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
old hooker

Re: Wigan 32 Hull KR 6

Post by old hooker »

I was impressed by Roberts,Both Tomkins and Coley in particular.Phelps was very good until he got injured and Feka is now making more tackles. Fielden still puts his heart and soul into the game but does not break tackles and missed the tackle that allowed HKR to score their first try,he needs to go.Prescott,Hansen not good enough. Lockers was very good and Pat is mr consistent.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

old hooker wrote:Fielden still puts his heart and soul into the game but does not break tackles and missed the tackle that allowed HKR to score their first try,
Sorry, I thought it was a team game or are the scapegoats for conceding only two tries in two games being identified already :roll:

As for breaking tackles, you need to either arrange a visit to the opticians or stop listening to someone elses opinions from the radio commentary
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Our pack is looking awesome , the same players as last year .
Feka`s fitter , Fieldens interested and Joel Tomkins is playing out of his skin .
We battered the Hull KR pack and in the end they didn`t want to know . Let`s hope we can keep it up for the rest of the season .
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:
GeoffN wrote:perhaps most irritatingly when they had their trainer joining their defence.
What is the ruling regards trainers etc running onto the pitch during play?
No idea but I'd have loved to have seen one of our players hand him off to take a pass or whatever. Mind you given the way Smith was reffing he'd have probably sent our player off.

Dave
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

with phelps injured for how long we dont know yet, and with ainscough out on loan the only option insted of calling him back is pryce! either no club wanted him or he didnt want to go or mcguire wanted to keep him he his looking like the most likely to step in,

any thoughts?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

shawxshark wrote:with phelps injured for how long we dont know yet, and with ainscough out on loan the only option insted of calling him back is pryce! either no club wanted him or he didnt want to go or mcguire wanted to keep him he his looking like the most likely to step in,

any thoughts?
There's a number of better options than KP - Ainscough can be recalled, Goulding could play wing, Joel could play centre as he did pretty well on Friday with Gleeson on the wing, or maybe even just bring Josh Veivers in at fullback so as not to need any other changes.

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

butt monkey wrote:
GeoffN wrote:perhaps most irritatingly when they had their trainer joining their defence.
What is the ruling regards trainers etc running onto the pitch during play? I thought they were only allowed on during stoppages in play or in particular hot weather. Either way, no treatment or refreshment in any instance was given (Wigan also were guilty of this - but not as severely)

As for their orange jerseyed trainer, it was not the Hull KR defense he bolstered, he disrupted the Wigan attacking line, much to the players' noticeable annoyance.
The rule regarding the water carrier/ trainer was discussed funnily enough with Ian Smith on Radio Manchester on Thursday. The water carrier/ trainer can come onto the pitch and remain there for three tackles as he informs the player who is to be substituted to come off. I don't think that rule was broken but he supposed to leave the field behind the play not in the middle of it. By the rules of the game as soon as the ball hit him the referee should have stopped the game and awarded a scrum with Wigans head and feed. We can only assume that Smith did not see the ball touch the HKR trainer (it did only brush him) and the ball didn't go to ground)
EJC

Post by EJC »

shawxshark wrote:with phelps injured for how long we dont know yet, and with ainscough out on loan the only option insted of calling him back is pryce! either no club wanted him or he didnt want to go or mcguire wanted to keep him he his looking like the most likely to step in,

any thoughts?
Personally, I think Goulding on the wing would be the best choice as he played there for a lot of last year whilst on loan at Salford and he looked good in pre-season so i think its worth giving him a go and putting Pat at full back where we know hes more than capable
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

DaveO wrote:
butt monkey wrote:
What is the ruling regards trainers etc running onto the pitch during play?
No idea but I'd have loved to have seen one of our players hand him off to take a pass or whatever. Mind you given the way Smith was reffing he'd have probably sent our player off.

Dave
I believe that the water carrier is supposed to go behind the line of his own team, in this case he should have been behind the KR defensive line.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

butt monkey wrote:
old hooker wrote:Fielden still puts his heart and soul into the game but does not break tackles and missed the tackle that allowed HKR to score their first try,
Sorry, I thought it was a team game or are the scapegoats for conceding only two tries in two games being identified already :roll:

As for breaking tackles, you need to either arrange a visit to the opticians or stop listening to someone elses opinions from the radio commentary
I will criticise whoever i wish to criticise as i pay my money to do so.And please do not be sarcastic because i do not agree with you,for your information i was at the game and imo Fielden did make an error that led to the HKR try and i stress imo opinion of him that after 3 seasons of poor displays it is time he was off loaded.