Surprise surprise, Carvell Back In

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Surprise surprise, Carvell Back In

Post by Mike »

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
WiganWarrior

Re: Surprise surprise, Carvell Back In

Post by WiganWarrior »

Well they wont have any excuses now!

Bet if it was one of our props then they would be claiming all sorts
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I have said it for years the RFL are a joke, not only with the disciplinary decisions, but everything from the franchise system, to keep changing the rules as they go along, to which team/s get punished for salary cap breaches, and, the state our pitch is in again :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

If it were one of our lot he would have stayed banned, I dont understand how he got it overturned on appeal, what new evidence/grounds could they have found in 24 hours?
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Best of it is, he is still found guilty and fined, but the ban is lifted.
Double standards? As if
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
ian b

Post by ian b »

2 sets of rules yet again. I like Morley but he should have been banned aswell cos that was intentional.That dickhead Thaler didnt even put either of them on report, i wonder what would have happened to a Wigan player :roll:
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

*Insert previous anti-RFL rant here*

I can't be bothered writing another rant about the RFL but until they sort their act out Rugby League will never be taken seriously by the rest of the country.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cherrywarrior wrote:If it were one of our lot he would have stayed banned, I dont understand how he got it overturned on appeal, what new evidence/grounds could they have found in 24 hours?
The appeal system is a joke. A group of RFL officials looks at the video of the match, decides a player has a case to answer, considers the case then bans him.

Then another group does the exactly the same thing and comes to different conclusions and decides not to ban the player.

It has obviously flown right over the heads of the RFL that what this farce means is one of its esteemed set of officials got it wrong in either finding them guilty of the length of the ban.

And it happens time and again throughout the season.

Isn't about time they sacked those officials who keep getting it wrong?

There is only one solution, each offence carries a mandatory punishment and if found guilty that is what you get and no appeal because the only thing you could appeal is your guilt (which is rarely if ever in doubt)and nothing else.

Dave
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

ian b wrote:
2 sets of rules yet again. I like Morley but he should have been banned aswell cos that was intentional.That dickhead Thaler didnt even put either of them on report, i wonder what would have happened to a Wigan player :roll:
Thaler was shocking, watched the game twice now and really don't know what was going through his head at times, The tackle by Morley was actually more dangerous and deliberate than the Carvell raised elbow and he has previous. The NRL have been clamping down on players taking kickers out and we need to do the same, our smaller men need protecting. This is one of the biggest travesties I have witnessed from the disciplinary board, we all know they are known to be lenient before international games but this really takes the mick. I am really annoyed about this, not because they are playing Wigan but because of the way our players and others have been treated by the same panel in the past

One thing the refs need to watch out for with Warrington is the amateur dramatics that they have been introducing into their game. They got away with a few in the cup where they were diving around like football players and milking penalties and our old friend Mr Mathers had a performance worthy of a Bafta nomination in the game against cas (where nobody touched him and he looked like he was auditioning for the part of a heart attack victim in Casualty). With the money they must be paying to their players they could probably continue the trend and convert to football.

I still think we should beat them on Saturday but they seem to know all the tricks in the book for having teams penalised out of the game. A lot will rest on this and MM's decisions regarding the squad following Phelpsy's injury. Amos could go from hero to zero if their kicking game clicks.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jammie

Post by jammie »

didn't mathers get a 4 match ban when he was sent off for a high shot against warrington,the whole of the RFL are bent and curupt and totally anti wigan.i wonder if they would have been let off if warrington were playing salford or crusaders this weekend :conf: still i would rather beat the full warrington side(i hope) than have the nutters on sky saying don't forget warrington have both there first choice props missing.i noticed they didn't show the two incidents with carvel & morley on boots and all probley embarresed with the RFL's crap jugement on what was two blatant sending off offences,oh yes and that joke thaler bottled out of making the decisions.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.